• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    We had a great time last year and look forward to arepeat performance this year. Only justspotted you mixed it up with adding in the pistol portion.
    I have a couple of questions specific to the JulyWhittemore Weekend event and thought I’d post them here:
    For the pistol portion on Saturday 14[SUP]th[/SUP] arethere any loaner pistols available? I bring this up as I intend bringing my 11-year-oldand he finds it challenging to use my Glocks. Not a deal breaker but just seeing if something slimmer was available asan option. Obviously, we’d bring theammo to feed any loaners. I have a buddythinking about bringing his 11-year-old too so maybe that will sway hisdecision.
    I see Sunday is dedicated to rifle. If this would be your first Revere’s RidersRifle course will this get you up to speed so you can do the ‘Grinder’ event atSeelyville Sept 8[SUP]th[/SUP]. I assumeit would but wanted to check.
    Thanks,

Nigel & Jack

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Yes there are plenty of loaner pistols. 22lr’s and 9mm’s.

And yes, anyone who does this weekend will be welcome at the Grinder in Seeleyville (even Jack)!

The events at the Alcorns' private range are always excellent. They are very hospitable hosts, and A&A Optics always gives away an amazing amount of great gear. If you can get there for the weekend, you wont be disappointed. We are going to have a blast.

Last edited:

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    We had a great time last year and look forward to arepeat performance this year. Only justspotted you mixed it up with adding in the pistol portion.
    I have a couple of questions specific to the JulyWhittemore Weekend event and thought I’d post them here:
    For the pistol portion on Saturday 14[SUP]th[/SUP] arethere any loaner pistols available? I bring this up as I intend bringing my 11-year-oldand he finds it challenging to use my Glocks. Not a deal breaker but just seeing if something slimmer was available asan option. Obviously, we’d bring theammo to feed any loaners. I have a buddythinking about bringing his 11-year-old too so maybe that will sway hisdecision.
    I see Sunday is dedicated to rifle. If this would be your first Revere’s RidersRifle course will this get you up to speed so you can do the ‘Grinder’ event atSeelyville Sept 8[SUP]th[/SUP]. I assumeit would but wanted to check.
    Thanks,

Nigel & Jack

I have a Ruger Mk I in .22LR and an extra Walther CCP (single stack, low recoil) in 9mm. He'd be most welcome to borrow.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Great. Thanks guys. Looks like we’re covered one way or another.
    Anyone else taking kids with them? This is a great event for kids as well as adults. I also think we will be camping Sat night, after I clear it with Alan.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Great. Thanks guys. Looks like we’re covered one way or another.
    Anyone else taking kids with them? This is a great event for kids as well as adults. I also think we will be camping Sat night, after I clear it with Alan.

Consider it cleared. Sorry, I missed this whole thread.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I wish I could make it out for this event, but I just have too much going on with work and the family. It sounds like it will be a fun one.

I've done 3 RR events now and Jack was the best line buddy I've had the pleasure of shooting next to so far. He did awesome out at the Bedford shoot a few months ago.

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I've done 3 RR events now and Jack was the best line buddy I've had the pleasure of shooting next to so far. He did awesome out at the Bedford shoot a few months ago.

I passed this on, actually he read it and was smiling from ear to ear.
    That event was the first one he did 100% on his own and I couldn’t have been prouder. These events are first class family/kid friendly events and it’s great seeing the kid’s improve and challenge themselves. He was trash talking at the end of the Bedford shoot. I don’t think either of my kids have stayed awake on the trip home after one of these events.
    Catch you on the next one MCgrease08 and thanks for the kind words.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I completely replaced the sights on my .22 LR pistol. I have no idea where the sights point right now on target vs. impact.

Would y'all think I will I have ample opportunity to get it sorted Saturday?

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    I completely replaced the sights on my .22 LR pistol. I have no idea where the sights point right now on target vs. impact.

Would y'all think I will I have ample opportunity to get it sorted Saturday?

Assuming you are on paper or hitting the backers then you should have enough time. Hey you might luck out and be dead on right away!

There will be some loaners available if you have issues so either way you will be good to go.

See you next week.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I'm thinking about shooting at this one. I've never taken an RR rifle class. Hmm... I've never taken an RR pistol class either.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Last edited:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    LOL, I've taught them but never attended as a student. I need some rimfire rifle practice so you might find me on the line this time.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Just announced...Patriot Holsters will be giving away free holsters to some lucky shooters. This is in addition to free optics courtesy of A&A Optics. Sign up!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Do it. Bring your drone too (no trees to hit :whistle:)
    Oh, funny thing is I am reading this thread using Tapatalk and there's an ad right below your post for a dji refurbished drone.

I have parts to fix mine plus a couple of backup drones but won't have time to get them ready for this event.

What pistols are you guys using? I'm not sure what to bring.

Sent from my QTAIR7 using Tapatalk

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Oh, funny thing is I am reading this thread using Tapatalk and there's an ad right below your post for a dji refurbished drone.

I have parts to fix mine plus a couple of backup drones but won't have time to get them ready for this event.

Im bringing my 10/22 TD that’s getting a newVortex Diamanondback put on it. So I’ll be sighting in Friday eve hopefully. As for pistols, just the usual...Glock 17, Sig 229, S&W Victory 22, and probably the Beretta M9A3.

Bring tour TP9sfx with the Viper and I’ll run mine without.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN

That's HILARIOUS. Next thing you know, you'll start seeing ads for shotguns ;-)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom