Whittemore Weekend, Oct. 6-7, 2018 (Seelyville, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    A&A Optics will be sponsoring another Revere's Riders "Whittemore Weekend" rifle and pistol training event on Oct. 6-7, 2018 at the Lost Creek Conservation Club in Seelyville, IN (just east of Terre Haute, IN).

When A&A Optics sponsors an event, it usually means that some very nice Vortex scopes, binoculars or spotting scopes and other Vortex swag will be given away. At the July Whittemore Weekend that A&A Optics also sponsored, a Diamondback 20-60x60 spotting scope with tripod, a Crossfire II 6-18x44 scope, a Crossfire II 2-7x33 scope and Diamondback 8.5x50 binoculars were given away. Alan attempts to give away enough hardware so there is about a 1 in 4 chance of you going home with a box that has a Vortex logo on it.

The Whittemore Weekend combines one day each of rifle and pistol marksmanship clinics into a single weekend to honor Samuel Whittemore. Never heard of Samuel? Come to the event and hear how Samuel alone took on multiple British "Grenadiers" with a rifle and set of dueling pistols on April 19th, 1775. His courage and patriotism in the fight for liberty will be an inspiration.

For more information on the event and to purchase tickets, visit the Revere's Riders website: Whittemore Weekend (Rifle/Pistol) – Two Day (Seelyville, IN) – Revere’s Riders

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    But 1: I'm impatient and 2: My stupid job has/is preventing me from going on two cool/fun potential vacations this year plus this upcoming WW.

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Any preference between rimfire or centerfire for the rifle portion? Or alternatively, is this a 25yd event or longer range? Are tubular magazine rifles (Marlin 60) allowable?

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Any preference between rimfire or centerfire for the rifle portion? Or alternatively, is this a 25yd event or longer range? Are tubular magazine rifles (Marlin 60) allowable?

Seelyville allows centerfire.
    I'll let the ED reply about distance but I'm sure most of the day will be spent at 25 yds.
    Tubes are fine but take a bit more work for both shooter and staff.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

Rimfire or centerfire is allowed on the range. Most of the rifle portion will be at 25, but we will goto 100 yards at the end of the day. Tubes are fine to use. They just require a little more effort. Hope to see you there.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Still space at this event.

A&A Optics will be giving away some scopes and other gear while Patriot Concealment Systems will be giving away a few kydex holsters...

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Yet another fantastic weekend. Pistol on Saturday followed by rifle today. A big thanks and shout out to all the shooters who were squared away.
    Thanks to everyone who participated in one way or another. The steel really took a pasting at the end of the day! The M1 and the Mauser really packed a punch and brought a smile to peoples faces (Thanks Scott). We had to search out three of the targets that got ‘detached’!
    I’m looking forward to returning to the venue on December 8th for the Carbine shoot. Remember AR’s, AK’s, FAL’s, SCAR’s,GALIL’s , TAVOR’s.... all welcome)
    Lastly, thanks to A&A optics and Patriot holsters for the great prizes, you guys and girls rock.
    Nigel

Top Bottom