Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

User Info Menu

Got the moving target up & running today. We're going to be doing a Tueller Drill as part of our qualifier.

User Info Menu

I'm in too! I hope I'm not sick again like this past weekend. Missed seeing y'all and letting off a ton of rounds!
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MohawkSlim View Post
    Got the moving target up & running today. We're going to be doing a Tueller Drill as part of our qualifier.

The good 'ol Tueller Drill

At one Defensive Carbine event I attended, we ran it both with bolt closed on a chambered round and bolt locked open. Having to release the bolt to chamber a round made the drill SIGNIFICANTLY more difficult than it was already. We were also required to put two rounds on target as well further increasing the difficulty (not sure if two rounds is the standard for the Tueller Drill or not). As I recall, I managed to successfully complete the drill bolt closed and bolt open.

AK-47 operators would be kinda screwed on the bolt locked open version...

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    We were also required to put two rounds on target as well further increasing the difficulty (not sure if two rounds is the standard for the Tueller Drill or not).
    The official Tueller Drill is for a holstered handgun and, most of the time, folks skin it and fire a single shot. If they get tapped or tagged or whatever before their shot, they're dead. Mythbusters showed us it's pretty tough and, also almost always, someone with a knife at 21ft who is intent on killing you is probably going to get you, even if you get him too.

Since this is America and we can use America's RIFLE, we're going to modify it a bit at this event. As you note, it's still not easy with the carbine whether there's one chambered or not. Also since this is America, Rule #2 (Double Tap) will be in effect.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    AK-47 operators would be kinda screwed on the bolt locked open version...
    Not this bamf.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2