Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    Weather is looking good so far. "Rain" Sunday looks like it is more in the evening after we are gone.
    Charlie don't give a **** about no rain!

But, it's going to be soggy still. Calling for a few inches these next couple days.
    Don't worry about the wetness, them boolits are flying through the AIR!

Who's got the big roll of black pasters for me?

User Info Menu

Looks like it will be soggy even if it doesn't rain. The ground is saturated here and i'm about 10 minutes away from the range. I was going to leave the shooting mat at home, but I think I'm going to try and keep the boys dryish and bring it with me.

User Info Menu

Last edited by Wild Deuce; 12-21-2018 at 17:09.
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

Marksman

User Info Menu

Iíll be there. First time shooting on the Atterbury KD range and really looking forward to it.

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    Iíll be there. First time shooting on the Atterbury KD range and really looking forward to it.
    There goes the neighborhood!
    Just kidding Bruce. We will have a blast.
    No matter what the ballistic charts say simply donít compare to doing the real deal with your gun and getting your own ďdopeĒ.
    These events are gamechangers

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=nad63;7707731]You guys both sound like hustlers......Something tells me you are going to shoot just fine.
    I just ordered up a gun and hope it shows up in time
    Just found my gun and hope I can free up the bolt and get the rust off so it works....
    Keep em coming[/QUOTE

wish we could make sure Rayne didnít win. Npoa shift and send 30 down
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

User Info Menu

And the two winners were:
    Gopher (Tactifail Award)
    SmileDocHill (High score)
    All the rest of us mere mortals are not worthy.
    Enjoy the fantastic trophies and bask in your glory.
    Iím already planning for next year.
    A fantastic weekend of shooting and camaraderie and I look forward to seeing everyone next year if not sooner.
    Nigel

User Info Menu

Great time and really fun people. I can't wait to do this one again, definitely a required event on the calendar.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nad63 View Post
    And the two winners were:
    Gopher (Tactifail Award)
    SmileDocHill (High score)
    All the rest of us mere mortals are not worthy.
    Enjoy the fantastic trophies and bask in your glory.
    Iím already planning for next year.
    A fantastic weekend of shooting and camaraderie and I look forward to seeing everyone next year if not sooner.
    Nigel
    I believe the High Score was a three-way tie (37/40); the tie-breaker was V hits on the standard USMC dog target. SmileDocHill had a 37-11; I had a 37-4. Anyone recall who the third person was and their score (Rayne, maybe)? I was busy with other stuff at the time and didn't get that info...

For next year, you guys need to seriously up your "tactifail" game! I won the award by merely having a muzzlebrake on my rifle and nothing else. Everyone keeps telling me the damn thing is loud, but it sounds fine to me

Nigel, you might consider festooning your rifle with crap so you actually have a chance at winning an award ( shots fired!). That banana is DEFINITELY coming back next year (it might even be the exact same banana!).

This might rank as the most fun and enjoyable weekend I've had at the range. I met some new folks as well as a bunch of people that I see on a regular basis at RR events. To everyone that participated, thank you all for coming out, basking in the sunshine of a perfect weekend (rain didn't start until we were cleaning up the target boards) and ventilating a bunch of paper. Next year's event will be even better!

Some photos are already up at the Revere's Riders Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hitsco...57699969005532. AAR with more photos and video is forthcoming...
    At the end of the weekend, I think we were all just happy to be able to utilize such a world class facility...

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

User Info Menu

I think there was a 4th with 37 but I'm not sure. I remember there being 3 with 37 then Huff mentioned another which ended up being yours gopher. I could be wrong. My brain hurt as much as my body by that time of the second day.

Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast