Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Yeah EVERYONE shot a 37 but me
    Doc you were the man. There can be only one...
    The rest of you get ‘participation trophies’, just like mine

Anyone get a pic of Gopher DEVOURING that banana?
    I don’t do Facebook but I heard it already had 90,000 likes.

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    I think there was a 4th with 37 but I'm not sure. I remember there being 3 with 37 then Huff mentioned another which ended up being yours gopher. I could be wrong. My brain hurt as much as my body by that time of the second day.

Hop

User Info Menu

I wish I could have been there to defend my title. I probably could have shot but you guys would have cried foul. The walking boot on my foot ads a lot of stability in standing position.

I'll want that trophy back from Doc next year!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    I wish I could have been there to defend my title. I probably could have shot but you guys would have cried foul. The walking boot on my foot ads a lot of stability in standing position.

I'll want that trophy back from Doc next year!
    There will be a few guys (and gals) that will have something to say about that next year Hop! Personally, I'm looking to trade up from the "Tactifail" to the "High Score" trophy!

Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org
    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps

Marksman

User Info Menu

The photos that I shot from the weekend are now up on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hitsco...69005532/page1

My personal fave:

November 04, 2018 at 17-26-33-2.jpg

That is some good banana right there

Give me a bit to get the video from Sunday edited and uploaded to YouTube/Vimeo.

Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org
    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps

User Info Menu

That’s a Christmas card just waiting to happen .
    Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    Anyone else notice the lack of cross shooting on this event?
    Hop and Jake were also abscent.
    Coincidence?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    I believe the High Score was a three-way tie (37/40); the tie-breaker was V hits on the standard USMC dog target. SmileDocHill had a 37-11; I had a 37-4. Anyone recall who the third person was and their score (Rayne, maybe)? I was busy with other stuff at the time and didn't get that info...

For next year, you guys need to seriously up your "tactifail" game! I won the award by merely having a muzzlebrake on my rifle and nothing else. Everyone keeps telling me the damn thing is loud, but it sounds fine to me

Nigel, you might consider festooning your rifle with crap so you actually have a chance at winning an award ( shots fired!). That banana is DEFINITELY coming back next year (it might even be the exact same banana!).

This might rank as the most fun and enjoyable weekend I've had at the range. I met some new folks as well as a bunch of people that I see on a regular basis at RR events. To everyone that participated, thank you all for coming out, basking in the sunshine of a perfect weekend (rain didn't start until we were cleaning up the target boards) and ventilating a bunch of paper. Next year's event will be even better!

Some photos are already up at the Revere's Riders Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/hitsco...57699969005532. AAR with more photos and video is forthcoming...
    At the end of the weekend, I think we were all just happy to be able to utilize such a world class facility...
    I thought a taclight, a 14.5" AR, and an acog was tactical enough to fail at a marksmanship event lol. Major fail on my part was not having a battery in my Acog on the first day lol, dark bdc reticle on dark target was interesting. Next year it's getting another light, a laser, a suppressor, and a sidepod, and... I am surprised how well that rifle did with a 25yd zero and one set of sighters at 100yards prior to the event, and I think that was/is one of the best parts of shooting with you Revere's guys. Getting to try out and really test my gear, and try to remember that rifle 125 class from last year in a low stress environment was so much fun.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nad63 View Post
    That’s a Christmas card just waiting to happen .

Anyone else notice the lack of cross shooting on this event?
    Hop and Jake were also abscent.
    Coincidence?
    Ha! I never cross shot on accident. Mine was well calculated. You’re welcome Hop.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

Hop

User Info Menu

I had 26 hits on that target of mine. 10 were mine. One of you two missed a couple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 308jake View Post
    Ha! I never cross shot on accident. Mine was well calculated. You’re welcome Hop.
    I had 26 hits on that target of mine. 10 were mine. One of you two missed a couple.

Cool story along this lines...
    Doing sighters on Sunday, Rayne and I were shooting next to each other. It was either at the 200 or 300 yard line. 3 shots fired for each of us... I only have one marker on my target! Dooogh! I cross fired. I hear the line boss talking to pit on the coms...
    Rayne's target had 5 shots under 1 marker! GO TEAM REVERE'S RIDERS! Yeah, I crossfired, but all our shots together were still close enough to each other that it didn't matter which holes belonged to which shooter.

User Info Menu

We won’t next year Shotgun.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast