Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Rifle 223, Dec 8, 2018 (Seelyville, IN)

We will be running one more of our popular Rifle 223 (Carbine) events in 2018. This time we will be at a new venue: Lost Creek Conservation Club just east of Terre Haute, IN. This event will include instruction in use of the carbine from "bad breath" distance out to 100 yards including movement, shooting around and through barriers and from different positions.

Feel free to throw on the plate carrier and the rest of your tactical gear for this event; alternatively, wear your usual attire, grab a sling for your rifle and throw a couple magazines in your pockets and you'll be GTG. If you've taken Rifle 125 or a similar course elsewhere and can safely handle a slung rifle, you should be fine at this event.

In addition to Slim's usual excellent instruction, we will be giving away a SIGNED hard cover copy of Marcus Luttrell's "Lone Survivor".

For more detailed information and tickets, see the event listing on the Revere's Riders website: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/...seelyville-in/
    Last edited by gopher; 11-05-2018 at 22:57.

Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org
    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps

User Info Menu

Only a month away before this event. I believe we will get an opportunity to shoot out to 200 yards here. The majority of the COF will be in CQB to 25m though.
    Don't confuse this event with the slower speed accuracy classes that Revere's Riders is often associated with.
    This one typically moves along at a more rapid pace. Not too fast but certainly fast enough to keep you occupied/challenged.
    Shooters choice to show up fully decked as an 'operator' or minimalist approach. A great opportunity to shake out your gear or try something completely different and see what 'works' for you.
    This is guaranteed to be a fun event.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Would it be appropriate for me to attend as an observer only. I have been to many RR events with TJ, ATM and others. I would like to observ for a while to help me determine if its something I could physically handle in the future.....thanks
    Peace through superior firepower

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rbsangler View Post
    Would it be appropriate for me to attend as an observer only. I have been to many RR events with TJ, ATM and others. I would like to observ for a while to help me determine if its something I could physically handle in the future.....thanks
    You are more than welcome to come on Saturday. Hope to see you there.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

Plinker

User Info Menu

TY!!! I am gonna try and make it for at least a little while. You'll recognize me Jake.....We have met several times.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rbsangler View Post
    TY!!! I am gonna try and make it for at least a little while. You'll recognize me Jake.....We have met several times.
    He can hardly recognize himself in the mirror these days.
    See you tomorrow...it will be a fun filled day.
    Nigel

Plinker

User Info Menu

OH.....you will recognize me as well Nigel!!!!LOL

User Info Menu

Still stuck in Kansas City, KS it looks like I will not make it!

1. The hostage targets are safe !

2. I would like it if someone could take my spot?

3. Working sucks!

Have fun guys !
    U.S. Army retired

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Brad69 View Post
    Still stuck in Kansas City, KS it looks like I will not make it!

1. The hostage targets are safe !

2. I would like it if someone could take my spot?

3. Working sucks!

Have fun guys !
    Damn, Brad I was looking forward to shooting with you again.
    Next one will be a two day affair down in Bedford, Feb 23 & 24 (plenty of time to come up with another excuse by then!)
    See you next year.

Plinker

User Info Menu

GREAT class! Definitely time well spent.

It’s exactly as advertised, you get up and you move. It’s a great opportunity to test gear out. I reinforced my “light is might” theory. I learned a lot and I can continue working on drills I learned there at home, probably wearing more clothing than Slim suggested.

I am “Well Regulated”. Big thanks to Slim, Nigel, Hop, and others. I already want to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast