• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    We will be running one more of our popular Rifle 223 (Carbine) events in 2018. This time we will be at a new venue: Lost Creek Conservation Club just east of Terre Haute, IN. This event will include instruction in use of the carbine from "bad breath" distance out to 100 yards including movement, shooting around and through barriers and from different positions.

Feel free to throw on the plate carrier and the rest of your tactical gear for this event; alternatively, wear your usual attire, grab a sling for your rifle and throw a couple magazines in your pockets and you'll be GTG. If you've taken Rifle 125 or a similar course elsewhere and can safely handle a slung rifle, you should be fine at this event.

In addition to Slim's usual excellent instruction, we will be giving away a SIGNED hard cover copy of Marcus Luttrell's "Lone Survivor".

For more detailed information and tickets, see the event listing on the Revere's Riders website: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2018-dec-8-seelyville-in/

Last edited:

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Only a month away before this event. I believe we will get an opportunity to shoot out to 200 yards here. The majority of the COF will be in CQB to 25m though.
    Don't confuse this event with the slower speed accuracy classes that Revere's Riders is often associated with.
    This one typically moves along at a more rapid pace. Not too fast but certainly fast enough to keep you occupied/challenged.
    Shooters choice to show up fully decked as an 'operator' or minimalist approach. A great opportunity to shake out your gear or try something completely different and see what 'works' for you.
    This is guaranteed to be a fun event.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Would it be appropriate for me to attend as an observer only. I have been to many RR events with TJ, ATM and others. I would like to observ for a while to help me determine if its something I could physically handle in the future.....thanks

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Would it be appropriate for me to attend as an observer only. I have been to many RR events with TJ, ATM and others. I would like to observ for a while to help me determine if its something I could physically handle in the future.....thanks

You are more than welcome to come on Saturday. Hope to see you there.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    TY!!! I am gonna try and make it for at least a little while. You'll recognize me Jake.....We have met several times.
    He can hardly recognize himself in the mirror these days.
    See you tomorrow...it will be a fun filled day.
    Nigel

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Still stuck in Kansas City, KS it looks like I will not make it!

1. The hostage targets are safe !

2. I would like it if someone could take my spot?

3. Working sucks!

Have fun guys !

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Still stuck in Kansas City, KS it looks like I will not make it!

1. The hostage targets are safe !

2. I would like it if someone could take my spot?

3. Working sucks!

Have fun guys !
    Damn, Brad I was looking forward to shooting with you again.
    Next one will be a two day affair down in Bedford, Feb 23 & 24 (plenty of time to come up with another excuse by then!)
    See you next year.

cmann250

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 2, 2018
    Land of 300bu corn
    GREAT class! Definitely time well spent.

It’s exactly as advertised, you get up and you move. It’s a great opportunity to test gear out. I reinforced my “light is might” theory. I learned a lot and I can continue working on drills I learned there at home, probably wearing more clothing than Slim suggested.

I am “Well Regulated”. Big thanks to Slim, Nigel, Hop, and others. I already want to come back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    GREAT class! Definitely time well spent.

It’s exactly as advertised, you get up and you move. It’s a great opportunity to test gear out. I reinforced my “light is might” theory. I learned a lot and I can continue working on drills I learned there at home, probably wearing more clothing than Slim suggested.

I am “Well Regulated”. Big thanks to Slim, Nigel, Hop, and others. I already want to come back.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on getting your “Well Regulated” patch, you earned it. I believe there were only four awarded but some people were close. 1/2 second close for one person I believe.
    It was a fun, if somewhat cold day, but 23 patriots came out and put their skills and equipment to the test.
    No two of these ‘Carbine’ events are the same so if you had fun and feel up to the challenge the next one is a two day event is in Bedford (Feb 23 & 24th, 2019....... just saying)
    Happy Holidays and hope to see you on the line in 2019.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    This course was amazing. I will certainly do my best to try and attend the February 2 day. The instructors we're excellent and I will be recommending this class to many. Knowledge gained and skills assessed. Big thanks to Slim, Hop, Nigel, and everyone for the great day!

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Congrats on getting your “Well Regulated” patch, you earned it. I believe there were only four awarded but some people were close. 1/2 second close for one person I believe.
    It was a fun, if somewhat cold day, but 23 patriots came out and put their skills and equipment to the test.
    No two of these ‘Carbine’ events are the same so if you had fun and feel up to the challenge the next one is a two day event is in Bedford (Feb 23 & 24th, 2019....... just saying)
    Happy Holidays and hope to see you on the line in 2019.

I might be able to make the one in Feb. Penciling it in now.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    OH.....you will recognize me as well Nigel!!!!LOL
    Roger, it was good seeing you again and thanks for your continued support.
    Wish I could have spent more time with you but a couple of late comers needed help getting caught up.
    Come on out and shoot/participate (we both know you want to :D)
    You do you. You can opt out of any evolution at any time or we will adapt it to meet your needs when we can.
    I hope to see you on the line in 2019.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I have a lot of videos of the stage we ran at the end of the course. I believe I have at least one of everyone. We are trying to figure out how/ where to upload them so people can get them without just posting them all for public consumption.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Thanks to all of the hard work by the folks that put this event on. This was a great gathering and class. Being able to wear some gear, plates in my case, allowed me to experience them in a more real world setting.

The zombie apocalypse finale was an absolute blast!

This is my second carbine event and I highly recommend it to all.

You just learn so goshdarn much.. Murica!

Ron[FONT="Verdana",sans-serif][/FONT]

snowdrifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Next to Atterbury
    Top Bottom