Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rosejm View Post
    My only regret was not sending a few down toward the 300yd steel w/ 'em....
    Range rules require 5 hits at 200yards in succession before being allowed to go to 300 yards.
    Logistics for THIS event preclude that, especially with 40 mph winds and 16 shooters on the line.
    If we went to 300 yards you, or someone like you would want to go to 400 .... I get it bro.
    Looks like the June 1&2 offering at Atterbury would meet your needs.
    Come on out and shoot 300, 400 and maybe 500 too.
    Be careful what you wish for you just might get it!
    Congrats on being “Well Regulated” and look forward to seeing you in June if you can make it.
    Atterbury never fails to deliver and ‘Huff’ is an Excellent ED.
    The thirst for doing more, getting better, going further draws us all in, like a moth to a flame.
    Murica.

User Info Menu

Well I'm certainly very sorry that I had to bail out on Sunday. I woke up that morning feeling ill to the point I flat out did not trust myself to pick up a rifle. Enjoyed Saturday though, definitely a valuable experience to get the rifle muddy shooting through the holes in those barricades. I'll be back at some point to officially get well-regulated.
    "A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user."

Marksman

User Info Menu

You weren't the only one! But we were certainly the minority.
    As gopher mentions, these upcoming events are second to none. I've participated in both the Pop-Up and the Field Rifle previously (and I'm going back for another helping!)
    You'll be hard pressed to find anywhere else where you can experience this kind of action locally. You won't find a better group herding all the cats together to make it possible.
    Thanks for backing me up on that!

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

Marksman

User Info Menu

My only regret was not sending a few down toward the 300yd steel w/ 'em...
    You might be interested in a trip that myself, Nigel and Jake Woodcock made down to the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park a few weeks ago: https://www.reveresriders.org/news/2...smanship-park/
    You can read more about the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park here: https://thecmp.org/competitions/tall...smanship-park/

CMP Talladega has a rifle range with electronic targets that display your hits on a monitor AT YOUR SHOOTING POSITION with targets out to 600 yards. To say CMP Talladega is "state of the art" is damning with faint praise. We are considering organizing a trip with a larger group of Revere's Riders folks sometime later this year. We don't have any solid plans (or a date) as of yet, but let us know if you would be interested in joining us on a trip like this.

A visit to the CMP South Store would also be part of the trip (the store is not far from the range).

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

User Info Menu

Well I had a great time!
    Nigel (nad63) is a great instructor and his beard didn’t get in the way! Thanks to the support staff for all the hard work keeping us fed and making the training possible during 40mph winds.
    Smoking Jim’s was a great experience it was like being on INGO in person.
    This class had a serious group of students that can shoot. The drills progressively built up to the qualifier and challenged everyone.
    It was great to see all the weapons covered in mud after day one and still functioning fine it gives a person confidence you can’t get on a “square range”. Weapons were a mix a Bren and AK were the atypical, every AR configuration was present from “Franken Guns” to high dollar DD, BCM and everything in between. Optics ranged from high end red dots and scopes to irons, slings were in just about every configuration possible the same with gear from full chest rigs and battle belts to a couple mags in a pocket. If you have a “zeroed” rifle a sling a few mags with eyes and ears you can participate.
    This class is invaluable to a shooter that has not experienced this type of marksmanship at most ranges you are not going to engage targets from 3 yards to 200 yards from multiple shooting positions. So get off the couch and see if that rifle actually works!
    I have to say this again I dare anyone to find a better value than a RR event, I have paid twice as much to have a instructor spend a large amount of the training time trying to sell you gear or tell you why you need to set up your equipment a certain way.

Thanks to to everyone that helped test the new Troy magazines I am going to attempt to get swag from them for the next event.

It was great to meet new INGO people that you only know as a screen name !

Hammerd13 seems to be getting faster and better as I get older and slower!
    U.S. Army retired

Grandmaster

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    You might be interested in a trip that myself, Nigel and Jake Woodcock made down to the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park a few weeks ago: https://www.reveresriders.org/news/2...smanship-park/
    You can read more about the CMP Talladega Marksmanship Park here: https://thecmp.org/competitions/tall...smanship-park/

CMP Talladega has a rifle range with electronic targets that display your hits on a monitor AT YOUR SHOOTING POSITION with targets out to 600 yards. To say CMP Talladega is "state of the art" is damning with faint praise. We are considering organizing a trip with a larger group of Revere's Riders folks sometime later this year. We don't have any solid plans (or a date) as of yet, but let us know if you would be interested in joining us on a trip like this.

A visit to the CMP South Store would also be part of the trip (the store is not far from the range).
    CMP Talladega is a Hajj for any shooter. Planning on it this year.

User Info Menu

A belated "HUZZAH!" to our brother from across the pond! It was an outstanding event from beginning to end.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

User Info Menu

I'm late to the thread for the post op. This was a great group of shooters at this event! From the similar screen names it appears as though the Larry Vickers course in June is going to be a reunion of sorts. :-)
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

User Info Menu

I wish I was out on the firing line right now like last weekend. Truly a good time and great instructors, students and RSOs!!
    "Eis Aner Oudeis Aner"

User Info Menu

I know it's been a couple of weeks, but I wanted to post the group photo for those who haven't seen it. I pulled this from the Revere's Riders Facebook page. What a good looking group.

Last edited by MCgrease08; 1 Week Ago at 22:10.
    Spent a little time on the mountain. Spent a little time on the hill.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast