• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    Battle Road Biathlon Run 'n Gun @ Bedford Contingent June 8 and October 26
    For those of you interested in the "Run 'n Gun" type events, this is an entry-level event designed to remove all barriers to entry into the sport, AND learn some revolutionary war history and what sets us apart from every other country on the planet. Basic requirements are a reliable .22 rimfire rifle (optics or irons), 15 rounds of ammo, and closed-toed running shoes or hiking boots. Add eye and ear pro, some water and snacks, and you are good to go. The physical requirements are minimal; the ability to walk at least 3/4 mile at a time over uneven, unpaved terrain. You are welcome to run, but it is not required. Sight in that rifle at 35 meters and practice on some full-size paper targets beforehand. The cost is comparable to a common 5K race, but you get the added challenge of shooting Revere's Riders proprietary reactive targets!

Info & Registration Link: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2019-jun-8-bedford-in/2019-06-08/

Practice targets can be downloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/l64e20j5a4iupu9/Practice BRB Target.pdf?dl=0

Questions or comments? Ask away!

UL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    Note that as of a few minutes ago, I have revised the practice target sheet by adding a line of known size so you can check if your printed targets are the proper size. Looking forward to meeting you all!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2015
    Lexington
    Thank you. We don't tell people how to shoot the various positions. That is up to you. In the video, the shooters shooting seated and prone are using the sling and steady hold factors that we teach at our clinics. The standing shooter is not using the sling because she shoots better than 99% of us without it! Heck, folks can wear a plate carrier and shoot squared up to the target if they want. We want people to have fun and learn about themselves and about April 19th 1775 at the same time.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I used more of a competition stance in standing. I also had to modify my seated position a bit because I was breathing too hard. Scrunching over really far was making it tough to breath. AND I missed two targets then got to run two penalty laps.

Two guys were ahead of me going to prone. I heard them both miss shots so I took my time, cleared all 5 targets and avoided the penalty laps. That put me into the lead on the final lap. I couldn't hold them off on the big hill though and dropped back into 3rd.

There's a bit of strategy in this event. C'mon out and give it a try.

Top Bottom