Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 308jake View Post
    I prefer the cold over the heat. Come July, I may be the designated mag loader in the shade. See you then sir.

I'll loan you my Uplula loader!
    Outlier

User Info Menu

There are still spots for the 7/20
    defensive 145 course. Sign up ends 5pm on 7/12.
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

User Info Menu

I can't believe we are upon this class! I've shot maybe 2-3 times this year. I am not prepared for a class like this unfortunately.

I guess I'll try again next year.
    Outlier

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    I can't believe we are upon this class! I've shot maybe 2-3 times this year. I am not prepared for a class like this unfortunately.

I guess I'll try again next year.
    There is another one in September.

User Info Menu

There is another one in September.
    Supposedly my wife is going to make me take some time for recreation activities (ie shooting) at least 1X per week. If that pans out, I'll set my sights on that one. Thanks Jake.
    Outlier

User Info Menu

I bought three tickets to the one in September. Kathy, myself and a young cousin of mine are looking forward to it. Kathy will be rockin' her new Performance Center M&P Pro 9L.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    Supposedly my wife is going to make me take some time for recreation activities (ie shooting) at least 1X per week. If that pans out, I'll set my sights on that one. Thanks Jake.
    That sounds great. Hope you can make it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I bought three tickets to the one in September. Kathy, myself and a young cousin of mine are looking forward to it. Kathy will be rockin' her new Performance Center M&P Pro 9L.
    I should have your CMP 1911 by then

User Info Menu

I should have your CMP 1911 by then
    It should be sometime next week; but, I doubt I pound a lot of rounds through my USGI 1911.
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

User Info Menu

Thought I'd post an AAR.

Not sure how to not have this so long winded that people won't read it. And I can get long winded, lol. So I'll try to do this Doddg style using bullet points:

* John Viray has a great sense of humor

* Typical RR event where safety is covered in spades

* John's ability to "see everything" is evident and rare. He noticed things like grip squeeze, wearing fashionable but improper belts for holster wear to bringing sandwiches in a carton not even made yet!

* His discussions of defending one's life were thought inspiring. This was in no way some tactiturd trying to make spec op operators out of us.

* He understands that we all don't have the resources to gear up with all the latest greatest all at one. Sure he told me to buy two guns, and I will. As soon as my wife calls him.

* He is not a "do it my way or hit the highway" instructor. He will ask you to try, but if you need to do something a particular way, say shoot in a Weaver stance, he is okay.

* He was the first person that has truly been able to help me with my vision issues. I came away with more confidence that I will be able to learn how to shoot and I now have one less excuse to not get better.

* The class built upon fundamental processed that culminated in running a drill to put it all together. I walked away from that day with an action plan that is repeatable and measurable.

This guy has a wealth of knowledge and I can see going back to him multiple times to continue with my education. He is willing to talk about whatever you ask him about during breaks which is nice. I got some dry fire questions sorted out as well as my vision questions, BUG questions, grip issues, and how to slip two new guns into my rotation! What more can you ask for! I'll be back!

Outlier

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast