• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Revere's Riders is proud to announce a partnership with John Viray/Adaptive Consulting and Training to run three Pistol 145 (Intro to Defensive Pistol) courses in 2019. The courses will be as follows:

All Pistol 145 events will be held at Riley Conservation Club near Terre Haute, IN.

Pistol 145 is a one-day introduction to defensive pistol to include training on drawing and reholstering, mechanics of defensive pistol shooting, discussion of psychological and physiological aspects of a defensive incident as well as firearm and ancillary equipment selection. Students should have at least taken the Revere's Riders Pistol 100 course or it's equivalent and will be expected to know the rules of safe firearms handling, general range rules and safety along with the fundamentals of pistol shooting.

For more detailed information or to buy your event ticket, see the course listings linked above. Hope to see you on the range!

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    This is that next level class that everyone was wanting after basic pistol.
    ACT training and trainers are top notch so this is partnership is a fantastic idea.
    Get the much needed drawing from a holster training you need to take it to the next level.
    Get proficient at drawing from a holster you need that skill whether you carry or not, your options increase once you have this skill.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I can't think of a better way to spend a Saturday. Have trained with John/ACT many times and have never been disappointed. The single-day format has worked great for me.

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Just signed up per your advice, looking forward to the class!

This is that next level class that everyone was wanting after basic pistol.
    ACT training and trainers are top notch so this is partnership is a fantastic idea.
    Get the much needed drawing from a holster training you need to take it to the next level.
    Get proficient at drawing from a holster you need that skill whether you carry or not, your options increase once you have this skill.

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Weather for Saturday looks to be as good as you can expect this time of year: high in the low 40s, partly cloudy and 0% chance of precipitation. You can't use the weather as an excuse not to come out to this event! John Viray is a top-notch instructor; if you're looking to learn proper draw technique or a refresher, you can't do much better than this course.

Come on out to Riley CC and join us!

brchixwing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Nov 13, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Glad the weather worked out very well for our course. Cool, dry & sunny with the sun on our backs! Thanks again Obijohn & RCC for hosting.

Class was a very fun experience for me & extremely helpful for my shooting. John knows a lot about a lot & is freaking hilarious.
    The format of the class was well thought out and never boring, short discussion on theory and application with assessment & correction.
    The first half of the class was all about form, emphasizing draw stroke & grip. John & Granger were very helpful correcting my bad habits.
    My groups noticeably tightened up in our drills & at the same time if they were too tight, John had me speed up to spread them out.
    He tailored the "defensive" curriculum, with me unlearning slower bulls-eye/target habits, having different discussions with the ex-mil students.
    The back half of the class was much more focused on movement, situational awareness, threat scans and clearing type 1 malfunctions.
    Our afternoon made handgun shooting much more applicable to real world defensive scenarios, and ingrained logical real world tactics.
    The class was very worthwhile, with a very high instructor / student ratio. I learned a ton and will definitely attend future RR & ACT courses!

Weather for Saturday looks to be as good as you can expect this time of year: high in the low 40s, partly cloudy and 0% chance of precipitation. You can't use the weather as an excuse not to come out to this event! John Viray is a top-notch instructor; if you're looking to learn proper draw technique or a refresher, you can't do much better than this course.

Come on out to Riley CC and join us!

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I finally bought a pistol so I'll get some time using it and sign up for the July class!

Any suggestions on what I should focus on in preparation for the class?

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I finally bought a pistol so I'll get some time using it and sign up for the July class!

Any suggestions on what I should focus on in preparation for the class?

I would suggest that you work on safe gun handling and basic marksmanship. RR's basic pistol course is a great place to start.

Keep in mind that your will need a good strong side holster that covers the trigger guard and allows one handed reholstering. You will also need to put that on a belt designed for pistol carry and magazine/speed loader carriers. Plus, several magazines or speed loaders. 3 or 4 may be enough, but I like to see folks spend time training and not loading magazines.

Add all that to an open mind and a desire to learn

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I would suggest that you work on safe gun handling and basic marksmanship. RR's basic pistol course is a great place to start.

Keep in mind that your will need a good strong side holster that covers the trigger guard and allows one handed reholstering. You will also need to put that on a belt designed for pistol carry and magazine/speed loader carriers. Plus, several magazines or speed loaders. 3 or 4 may be enough, but I like to see folks spend time training and not loading magazines.

Add all that to an open mind and a desire to learn

Sounds good. I have taken 3 classes with Aron Bright, many with RR, including basic pistol, plus a couple others. I have a belt, proper holster (though it is leather) but I could buy a Kydex if you prefer.

I have 6 mags in total with holders for 2 extra on my person.

Openness and a desire to learn always.

"I bought a pistol" may have conjured up the thought that I bought my "first" pistol. Naw, I've been around firearms all my life, taught hunter education, taught NRA classes and concealed carry classes (in Virginia), but none of that means much if I don't stay humble. I do my best to be a good student and the older I get, the more I realize how little I know.:)

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    No worries here, I did assume first pistol. Looks like you are good to go. I am certain that Aron got you ready for most of what I'll throw at you :)

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Sounds good. I have taken 3 classes with Aron Bright, many with RR, including basic pistol, plus a couple others. I have a belt, proper holster (though it is leather) but I could buy a Kydex if you prefer.

I have 6 mags in total with holders for 2 extra on my person.

Openness and a desire to learn always.

"I bought a pistol" may have conjured up the thought that I bought my "first" pistol. Naw, I've been around firearms all my life, taught hunter education, taught NRA classes and concealed carry classes (in Virginia), but none of that means much if I don't stay humble. I do my best to be a good student and the older I get, the more I realize how little I know.:)

Greg

I hope to see you in July. You will love this course.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Greg

I hope to see you in July. You will love this course.

You will. I didn't want to take the chance on March weather. I'm a weanie, lol.:)

Plus, and I think you and I even discussed this, I was searching for a "do it all" pistol so that I would invest my time at the range, in training classes and if I ever do some type of action shooting, with the same firearm. I didn't want one gun at my beside, another on me, and yet another when I take a class or shoot some event or competition.

I now feel like I found what I was looking for. I'll get some rounds through it to prove it out and get familiar with it.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    You will. I didn't want to take the chance on March weather. I'm a weanie, lol.:)

Plus, and I think you and I even discussed this, I was searching for a "do it all" pistol so that I would invest my time at the range, in training classes and if I ever do some type of action shooting, with the same firearm. I didn't want one gun at my beside, another on me, and yet another when I take a class or shoot some event or competition.

I now feel like I found what I was looking for. I'll get some rounds through it to prove it out and get familiar with it.

I prefer the cold over the heat. Come July, I may be the designated mag loader in the shade. See you then sir.

Top Bottom