Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Revere's Riders Pistol "Pop-Up" Target, Mar 9, 2019

    Revere's Riders will again be running an event at the Camp Atterbury Pistol "Pop-Up" target range on Mar 9, 2019. This event is held on the US Army pistol qualification range on the MILITARY SIDE of Camp Atterbury; civilians are only able to use this range via attending events such as this. You will be able to shoot the official US Army pistol qualification course (APQC). Other courses of fire may be available to us depending on what is loaded to the target system computer (we can use any COF loaded to the target system computer, but are prohibited from creating our own COFs).

    The "Pop-Up" target ranges at Camp Atterbury utilize polymer simulated torso targets that lay flat and then "pop-up" when activated by the computerized target system. The targets sense a bullet strike and immediately fall back down; if no hits are sensed, the target will fall down after a period of time according to the computerized COF. These targets offer much more realistic practice than paper targets on a static range; targets are arranged at various distances from 5 to 30 yards as well as spread out laterally. You will need to recognize a target as it appears, align your sights on the target and then score a hit before the programmed time for the target has expired.

    Note that there is NO INSTRUCTION at this event.

    The recommended prerequisite is Revere's Riders Pistol 100 or similar course in order to fire from the low-ready position. We will also be allowing participants to draw from the holster (no appendix, small-of-the-back, shoulder holsters, etc.), but you MUST be competent and have had prior training in drawing from the holster to do so. All those desiring to draw from the holster will be required to demonstrate their technique prior to being allowed to do so; the event instructors/RSOs will have final say on whether you will be allowed to draw from a holster. Revere's Riders Pistol 145 would fulfill the appropriate training requirement to draw from the holster for this event.

    More event information, required/recommended equipment and online ticket sales can be found on the Revere's Riders website: https://www.reveresriders.org/event/...-atterbury-in/

    To get a better idea of what it is like shooting on this range, watch the below YouTube video from one of our 2018 events:

    Last edited by gopher; 02-14-2019 at 13:48. Reason: Fix event URL

    Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

  2. #2
    Sharpshooter TheJoker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    I tried ordering a ticket and checkout seemed to be stuck in a loop. I'm not sure whether or not I was successful!
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

  3. #3
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I tried ordering a ticket and checkout seemed to be stuck in a loop. I'm not sure whether or not I was successful!
    I have you down for 2 tickets Joker. You can always check on your orders by going to the orders section of "My Account" on the website: https://www.reveresriders.org/my-account/orders/

    Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

  4. #4
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Watch the video above and then go buy your ticket. This event is about the most fun you can you have with your clothes on!

    It's possible you will also be serenaded by full-auto fire on an adjacent range (as in the video), A-10 strafing practice and/or mortar practice at this event. Who knows what weaponry the US Army will need to get some trigger time on while we are there

    Camp Atterbury is home to active military training year round and your options of going on the MILITARY side of the base and using the MILITARY shooting ranges are pretty limited unless you enlist.

    Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

  5. #5
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    (cross posted in the other thread)

    Just signed up! Question on packing-- Do we need separate locked containers, i.e. locked container(s) for ammunition and firearms? Or can we just keep handguns in a soft range bag unloaded with all mags clear (secured with a lock), and then keep another range bag with ammo?


    "Before you proceed to to the base entrance and attempt to pass through security, make sure that all firearms in your vehicle and on your person (donít forget your concealed carry sidearm) are unloaded, in a secure case and separated from your ammunition."




    Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    Watch the video above and then go buy your ticket. This event is about the most fun you can you have with your clothes on!

    It's possible you will also be serenaded by full-auto fire on an adjacent range (as in the video), A-10 strafing practice and/or mortar practice at this event. Who knows what weaponry the US Army will need to get some trigger time on while we are there

    Camp Atterbury is home to active military training year round and your options of going on the MILITARY side of the base and using the MILITARY shooting ranges are pretty limited unless you enlist.

  6. #6
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by brchixwing View Post
    (cross posted in the other thread)

    Just signed up! Question on packing-- Do we need separate locked containers, i.e. locked container(s) for ammunition and firearms? Or can we just keep handguns in a soft range bag unloaded with all mags clear (secured with a lock), and then keep another range bag with ammo?


    "Before you proceed to to the base entrance and attempt to pass through security, make sure that all firearms in your vehicle and on your person (donít forget your concealed carry sidearm) are unloaded, in a secure case and separated from your ammunition."
    IANAL ("I am not a lawyer"), but the Indiana Code (IC 35-47-2-1) says the following regarding transport of a handgun in a vehicle (obviously, if you have a valid LTCH this doesn't apply to your carry pistol):

    (3) the person carries the handgun in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case;

    Interpret that however you wish keeping in mind that your vehicle is subject to inspection at the Camp Atterbury entrance. Personally, I have NEVER had my vehicle searched, but your mileage may vary.

    Not trying to scare anyone here, but you need to realize that we will be on an active military base and will be subject to military rules and discipline.

    Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

  7. #7
    Sharpshooter TheJoker's Avatar

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    I have you down for 2 tickets Joker. You can always check on your orders by going to the orders section of "My Account" on the website: https://www.reveresriders.org/my-account/orders/
    I'm good! Thank you, Sir. Kathy and I are looking forward to "dusting some tangos"(...as Nigel puts it!).
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

  8. #8
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    IANAL ("I am not a lawyer"), but the Indiana Code (IC 35-47-2-1) says the following regarding transport of a handgun in a vehicle (obviously, if you have a valid LTCH this doesn't apply to your carry pistol):

    (3) the person carries the handgun in a vehicle that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person, if the handgun is:
    (A) unloaded;
    (B) not readily accessible; and
    (C) secured in a case;

    Interpret that however you wish keeping in mind that your vehicle is subject to inspection at the Camp Atterbury entrance. Personally, I have NEVER had my vehicle searched, but your mileage may vary.

    Not trying to scare anyone here, but you need to realize that we will be on an active military base and will be subject to military rules and discipline.
    Posted this to the "Tactics & Training" thread, but looks like I neglected to cross-post here, so rectifying that situation now.

    Two important points as a corollary to all of this (these are both in the event description, so if you read that you should already be aware of this):


    • loaded firearms are NOT allowed on base; the only exception being the firing line of the ranges (and then only when the "Load!" command is given)
    • concealed carry is NOT allowed on the base


    This means you will need to "un-conceal" and unload your concealed carry firearm BEFORE you turn into the base entrance. Once you turn off Old Hospital Road/CR 800 S the base entrance is immediately in front of you. You probably do NOT want to be fooling with your concealed carry firearm in view of base security.

    Camp Atterbury is a FANTASTIC venue as their ranges are some of the best (if not THE best) in the state. I've gone there for 2-3 years now with Revere's Riders and have never personally had an issue with anything nor have I heard of anyone else having an issue.

    Just know what is expected when you are on-base and respect that it is an active military installation where there is "no fooling around" and you'll be fine. All of the information that you need to know is listed in the event description on the Revere's Riders website. The event description is long, but you should READ IT ALL.

    If you have a longish drive to get to Camp Atterbury, there is on-base lodging available to civilians at REALLY REASONABLE prices (again, see the event description on the RR website). Like less than $40/night gets you a room with a double bed, private bath, TV, couch and kitchenette. You are right on-base and it is only a short drive from the lodging to where we will meet in the morning prior to the event. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

    Still have plenty of room for folks to join us at this event. Come on out and give it a try; you won't be disappointed!

    Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

  9. #9
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    IMPORTANT NOTE: ticket sales for this event end at 5:00PM on March 2nd.

    This is so we have time to submit a list of participants to Camp Atterbury so you will be allowed through base security. You've got around 24 hours to get your ticket purchased for this event!

    Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

    Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

  10. #10
    Plinker

    User Info Menu

    Thanks again Revere's Riders for hosting! Was an awesome event in spite of the weather cutting things short.



Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Button Dodge