Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brchixwing View Post
    Had an amazing weekend & am very grateful for the volunteers of Revere's Riders, especially our hosts for the weekend, A&A Optics!
    As always, was a pleasure to hang out with a like minded group of responsible shooters. Great learning experience and conversations alike.

This class really got my fundamentals cleaned up & I saw a tremendous improvement in my grouping in 2 quick days of instruction.
    I really appreciated how the drills centered on natural point of aim and actively shifting body position to accommodate, definitely need to move my hips more!
    I've neglected shooting seated + prone and also really taking advantage of a sling, this class was a great way to get acquainted.

Biggest personal takeaway I got from Slim was using a 6' hold, made a drastic difference in my hits on target & was shooting marksman for most of day 2 qualifiers.
    I shot the course using my WASR, both with iron sights half of day 1 and also with a red dot the remainder, both covered the small targets we were shooting prone.
    It never occurred to me how my groups were totally crap because I couldn't see the targets lol, Slim walked me through zero adjustments & helped retrain my shooting.

Will definitely take this class again, definitely tons I need to improve on my fundamentals! Thanks again Revere's Riders!!
    Happy to hear that the class was a success for you, brchixwing! Sometimes it's the little things (like switching from "center of mass" to "6 o'clock" hold on your sights) that make all the difference. We look forward to seeing you again at one of our upcoming classes!

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

User Info Menu

Another great shoot.

I found that my 10/22's scope was loose Friday night. Tightened it down, sighted in the first day. Did not check it again until the 2nd day. And..... I noticed at the first qualifier I shot that it was loose again. I just decided to relax and deal and shot like garbage all day Sunday. No worries. I qualified before and I know I can do it again with sorted-out gear. Lock-Tite is in my future, for sure.

I had a GREAT time blasting the steel at the end of the day with my AR and iron sights. Not sure if I want to add a red dot or some other sight or not. I kind of like shooting iron sights.

RR rocks. Great group of people. I look forward to shooting more events.
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brchixwing View Post
    Had an amazing weekend & am very grateful for the volunteers of Revere's Riders, especially our hosts for the weekend, A&A Optics!
    As always, was a pleasure to hang out with a like minded group of responsible shooters. Great learning experience and conversations alike.

This class really got my fundamentals cleaned up & I saw a tremendous improvement in my grouping in 2 quick days of instruction.
    I really appreciated how the drills centered on natural point of aim and actively shifting body position to accommodate, definitely need to move my hips more!
    I've neglected shooting seated + prone and also really taking advantage of a sling, this class was a great way to get acquainted.

Biggest personal takeaway I got from Slim was using a 6' hold, made a drastic difference in my hits on target & was shooting marksman for most of day 2 qualifiers.
    I shot the course using my WASR, both with iron sights half of day 1 and also with a red dot the remainder, both covered the small targets we were shooting prone.
    It never occurred to me how my groups were totally crap because I couldn't see the targets lol, Slim walked me through zero adjustments & helped retrain my shooting.

Will definitely take this class again, definitely tons I need to improve on my fundamentals! Thanks again Revere's Riders!!
    If you decide to ‘upgrade’ to an AR15 I’ll up my offer to $10 for your AK!
    Just kidding brchixwing.
    All the positions we hate are typically the ones we suck at and try to avoid.
    At these events you have no choice.
    This is one of those events you can take over and over again and always come away wanting more.
    See you on the line.
    Nigel

Expert

User Info Menu

What a great event. I want to thank Alan and Mrs. Alan for the great hospitality, the generous rebate offer, and use of their grounds. The entire RR staff were all so knowledgeable, friendly, and professional. They had great attitudes and enthusiasm which made for a fun relaxed environment. If they could work on moderating the weather for future events they will have all the bases covered.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Almost spit out my coffee reading that LOL! I am a huge fan, would you consider autographing that $10?

"All the positions we hate are typically the ones we suck at and try to avoid.
    At these events you have no choice."
    That is spot on with my experience over the weekend shooting seated, took me a few rounds to get my bony elbows and legs steady but by day 2 it really wasn't that awkward.

Looking forward to my next course with you & the RR crew, took my confidence behind the trigger up exponentially since the start of the year!

Quote Originally Posted by nad63 View Post
    If you decide to ‘upgrade’ to an AR15 I’ll up my offer to $10 for your AK!
    Just kidding brchixwing.
    All the positions we hate are typically the ones we suck at and try to avoid.
    At these events you have no choice.
    This is one of those events you can take over and over again and always come away wanting more.
    See you on the line.
    Nigel

Plinker

User Info Menu

Thank you Bruce, really appreciate all the coaching I've gotten from the Revere's Riders team, looking forward to many more classes! All those minor tweaks add up quick. On sights, getting a crash course on the history, math and meaning of MOA was also enlightening this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    Happy to hear that the class was a success for you, brchixwing! Sometimes it's the little things (like switching from "center of mass" to "6 o'clock" hold on your sights) that make all the difference. We look forward to seeing you again at one of our upcoming classes!

User Info Menu

Thank you to all the Revere's Riders volunteers, Alan and his wife for hosting us! This was my first RR experience and it was awesome. With no previous formal rifle training I learned a lot of fundamentals, sling use, natural point of aim and (safely) transitioning into position on the line. I'm looking forward to the carbine class.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6