• ...and so much more!
  • Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    June 6th, 2019 will be the 75th anniversary of D-day. In remembrance of this event, Revere's Riders will be doing a special Historic Military Surplus Rifle shoot on June 8th in Seelyville IN.

Several WWI / WWII era rifles will be available to shoot + over 70 rounds of ammo will be provided. All included in the price of the ticket.
    This is a hands on, show-and-tell event that includes firing WWI / WWII era historic & collectible firearms.

Additional event info and tickets here:
    https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2019-jun-8-seelyville-in/

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    This sounds really cool, but it's the same day as the Bedford Run 'n Gun! Any chance one of them can be rescheduled?

The Mil-Surp shoot was scheduled & Seelyville range reserved 1st. The biathlon hit the event calendar 1st. If we can get history to change the D-day anniversary, I'll change the shoot date. :patriot:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Thats sounds really cool. It may cement my urger to get a garand. I probably should avoid this!
    It's a try one before you buy one type of event. :)

Make sure to follow the event link and see what all will be available to shoot. A CMP Garand will be there for sure. Aside from an M1 Carbine and maybe an SKS, everything else will be a bolt action.

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    This sounds really cool, but it's the same day as the Bedford Run 'n Gun! Any chance one of them can be rescheduled?

These are really different events. The Battle Road Biathlon is a .22LR "summer biathlon" event while the Historic Mil-Surp is, well, historic mil-surp rifles. There are only so many weekends for events and occasionally we will have conflicting events.

We will be running a 2nd Battle Road Biathlon Oct. 26th. Go to the June 8th History Mil-Surp and then to the Oct. 26th Battle Road Biathlon if you need to go to both in 2019. Hopefully, the Historic Mil-Surp will be enough of a success that we will repeat it in 2020 (assuming Hop is willing to do it again; might need to get TheJoker back on board...)

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Yeah, I thought of that. I realize the perspective attendee for each event should be quite different, but I guess I'm just the minority in the middle where both events have equal appeal. Will wait until closer to June to decide which one to attend.

Do the Historic Mil-Surp in June and catch the October Battle Road Biathlon! Less sweating and other unpleasantness doing the running in October...:):

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Not to sound like an advertisement but this is why I like to help with Revere's Riders. "We" are all pretty excited about thinking outside the box with different event types. This event is a great example of an alternative event. It isn't really the typical marksmanship training event, not modeled around a competition type setup... More of a "meet and greet" + history + (my favorite) opportunity to shoot someone else's guns!
    I'll be there, hope to see a lot of you there.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Bump for some more info.

Yes, enough ammo will be provided to fire each rifle & is INCLUDED in the ticket price. My last count is 71 rounds. The only rifle with less than 5 rounds right now is the rare and expensive to shoot Type 99 Arisaka 7.7 Jap (3 rounds @ ~$1.70 each). Additional ammo will be available day of the shoot, time permitting, rifles still working, etc...

All the ammo is new production, mostly PPU. Since I get to clean all these after the event, and don't know when I'll get around to doing it, I'm not using mil-surp, reloads or any type of corrosive ammo.

Most of the targets will be steel. I'll have a couple large paper targets to help zero in your shots.

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    15th Street, Bedford
    If you're on the fence about a Garand, make sure you're at this event. Since there will be firearms safety and marksmanship instruction, this will fit the requirements for the CMP certificate and you can check the box for ordering a US Rifle, Caliber .30, Model 1 right to your front door. MURICA!!!!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Quick question for y'all.

Would anyone be interested in a low cost US Rifle only ticket pack? It is D-Day after all.

Feel the thump of a 30-06 & the kiss of a 30 carbine. Ring steel out to 200 yards.

The following would be available at a much lower price:
    M1 Garand
    M1 carbine
    Model of 1917 30 caliber
    Model 1903A3

Using Tapatalk to annoy my INGO buddies cameramonkey & churchmouse. Hi!

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    We're about 3 weeks out. The rough head count is ~8. Plenty of room left for some shooters.

PM me if you would like a lower cost option ticket. We're happy to help get you behind a rifle.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    Memorial day weekend bump!

Thank you guys for the ticket sales. If you are still on the fence but plan to buy a ticket later, please PM me. I have enough ammo queued up for the ~12 shooters/helpers showing up so far. Any more and I'll need to do a last minute scramble for additional ammo. Some of the ammo is very hard to acquire (7.7 Jap for example).

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    1 more week to go bump! I've invited an SKS to the party so were @ 15 rifles now. Ammo cost is minimal for these things so consider it a freebie.

Top Bottom