• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Another Pistol 145 (Intro to Defensive Pistol) with John Viray (obijohn here on INGO) is coming up Sept. 21st at Riley Conservation Club just outside Terre Haute, IN.

This is an introductory Defensive Pistol course and will include instruction on drawing from the holster and discussion of issues surrounding concealed carry and personal defense scenarios. John Viray is ex-Army, NRA certified instructor as well as an IPSC and USPSA competitor. John was the 1998 USPSA 3-Gun National Champion in his class as well.

This course is designed for those who have taken Revere's Riders Pistol 100 (or similar course from a reputable firearms training organization) and want to continue their training towards being a safe and competent concealed carrier of a sidearm. John has over 40 years of experience in the use of firearms as well as firearms instruction.

For more information and online ticket purchase, see the event listing on the Revere's Riders website: Pistol 145 (Intro to Defensive Pistol) – One Day (Terre Haute, IN)

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    This will be the last offering of this class in 2019. Weather should be comfortable, great range and Revere's Riders always put on a good program.

MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    I am already signed up for the rifle shoot that weekend in Bedford. Can I attend the pistol class and then show up for only the 2nd day and qualify for the Marty Brown Invitational?

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    I am already signed up for the rifle shoot that weekend in Bedford. Can I attend the pistol class and then show up for only the 2nd day and qualify for the Marty Brown Invitational?
    Since you've already attended (a few) basic rifle classes, it seems to me that your plan is workable. Just let the Event Director of each event know your plans.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg

Mike the MBI is rifle only, and the defensive 145 has nothing to do with that event. Email the ED (Brown) about attending the MBI.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Great class, and nearly perfect weather! We both highly recommend this class! We plan to take it again with our actual concealed carry guns once we have OWB holsters for them. In the meantime we are looking forward to practicing The Hank with SIRT and live fire. Really appreciated the personalized feedback throughout the day. Good diversity of skill levels afforded a lot of teachable moments that were beneficial to all.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom