Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Hammer: congratulations on some VERY fine shooting last weekend! You were literally unconscious accurate at all distances and extremely deserving of the Marty Brown Memorial Invitational trophy for 2019. Your score of 39-14V (correct me if I'm wrong on that score) surpasses the 39-9V shot by Hop in 2017 (https://www.reveresriders.org/shooti...rown-memorial/). The guys working the pits for your relay said the targets looked like swiss cheese with layers of pasters in the V-ring. In fact, the pit crews said ALL the targets were taking a severe beating in the black zone; that's a testament to the great group of marksmen (and women) that we had on the range!

For those that considered joining us at Camp Atterbury this year but didn't "pull the trigger" to buy a ticket, please consider coming in 2020. As others have alluded to, spending the weekend at Camp Atterbury is an experience that you won't soon forget. Camp Atterbury is an active military base and troops are constantly training there, often ON AN ADJACENT RANGE! While you are on base, you will hear and see rifle (M4), pistol (M9/M17), machine gun (M264/M2), artillery, mortar and strafing (A-10) practice. Often, all at the same time.

The EXACT range we shoot on is used by the NRA for their National High Power Rifle Championships. The ranges at Camp Atterbury are world-class facilities and you won't find their equivalent anywhere else in Indiana (or neighboring states either, unless it is another military installation). The ranges are set to receive some upgrades as a result of the NRA moving the National Smallbore Championships and the National Pistol Championships here in 2020 (https://www.ssusa.org/articles/2019/...tition-center/).

As Hammer mentioned, you can stay on-base in extremely affordable lodging ($38/night for a deluxe room with separate sitting area, kitchenette, bathroom with shower and bedroom). I have stayed in on-base lodging for the past two years and have no complaints AT ALL. Staying on-base definitely adds to the experience on being on a real military base.

In addition, there are two on-base options for food: the All Ranks Club (open to all military personnel and civilians; opens at 0500 for breakfast) and a Subway (which, unfortunately, doesn't open until 0800). I would particularly recommend that you go to the All Ranks Club to further immerse yourself in the "military experience". The food there is quite good, pretty inexpensive and you will be around numerous members of the military both in and out of uniform.

Personally, the Revere's Riders events at Camp Atterbury are the ones that I particularly look forward to each year. It is simply an experience that you won't get anywhere else.

We are in the process of scheduling our 2020 events; look for these to appear on the website after the holidays. You can always find the current list of upcoming events at Camp Atterbury here: https://www.reveresriders.org/range/...aining-center/

All of us here at Revere's Riders look forward to seeing everyone that attended the Marty Brown Memorial Invitational again in 2020. Let's all try to bring a few friends with us so more people can enjoy the experience of shooting out to 400 yards at an active military base! If your friends need a little "work" to get "up to speed" shooting out to 400 yards, have them attend a Revere's Riders Rifle 125 (https://www.reveresriders.org/events...ory/rifle-125/) beforehand. That will get them acquainted with the Revere's Riders safety procedures as well as the Revere's Riders Rifle Qualification Test. No promises, but we will attempt to host a Rifle 262 (https://www.reveresriders.org/events...ory/rifle-262/) in 2020 as well so folks can get additional rifle marksmanship training at known distance.
    Last edited by gopher; 2 Weeks Ago at 19:27.

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    Hammer: congratulations on some VERY fine shooting last weekend!
    Thank you Gopher! Much appreciated.
    “The most deadly thing on a battlefield is one well-aimed shot.” — Sgt. Carlos Hathcock

User Info Menu

Congratulations Mr Hammer! You were certainly shooting lights out all weekend. I was pulling the target adjacent to yours on Saturday. I kept thinking to myself, "This shooter HAS to be using a rest or bi-pod ... he just has to be."
    "From life's first cry to final breath, Jesus commands my destiny"

"The Son of God became a man to enable men to become sons of God." ~ C.S. Lewis

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Deuce View Post
    Congratulations Mr Hammer! You were certainly shooting lights out all weekend. I was pulling the target adjacent to yours on Saturday. I kept thinking to myself, "This shooter HAS to be using a rest or bi-pod ... he just has to be."
    Thank you Wild Deuce! It was great to shoot with you!

I, more often than not, shoot off a mat. By NOT using a mat...and taking advantage of that soft turf last weekend, I was able to sink my elbows, knees, and feet into the ground slightly. I felt more grounded/stable as a result.

That...and the fact that the wind was fairly tame (and more importantly consistent) made for great shooting conditions.
    Last edited by hammerd13; 2 Weeks Ago at 22:20.
    “The most deadly thing on a battlefield is one well-aimed shot.” — Sgt. Carlos Hathcock

Hop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    Hammer... surpasses the 39-9V shot by Hop in 2017 (https://www.reveresriders.org/shooti...rown-memorial/)...

Next year Mr Hammer! Next year!

Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post

Next year Mr Hammer! Next year!
    Shots fired! Hope you can make it next year Hop.

Plinker

User Info Menu

Congrats Brown on raising an amazing amount of funds and reaching several with this awareness message. My goal is to become a viable participant by next MBMI. If not, then maybe as a helper. It looks like it was a great weekend for all.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4