Marty Brown Memorial Invitational -- Nov. 16-17, 2019 (Camp Atterbury, IN)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    marty_brown_copy.jpeg
    The 3rd Annual Marty Brown Memorial Invitational (MBMI) is scheduled for Nov. 16-17, 2019 at Camp Atterbury near Edinburgh, IN. The MBMI is the second of our annual Marty Brown Memorial events designed to remember Marty Brown and raise money for Ovar'coming Together, a non-profit ovarian cancer charitable organization located in Indianapolis.

Our first event was the Inaugural Marty Brown Memorial Open (MBMO) held in August. The MBMO was held at the Bedford Contingent near Bedford, IN and was attended by 33 participants. The event was styled after Revere's Riders unique Whittermore Weekend event which includes pistol instruction on one day and rifle instruction on the other. The MBMO raised over $7,000 which was donated to Ovar'coming Together.

The MBMI is an informal known-distance 3-position shooting competition on the rifle ranges at Camp Atterbury. 50% of your ticket purchase (less event expenses) will again be donated to Ovar'coming Together to support their ovarian cancer programs. By attending this event you will help show that firearms enthusiasts genuinely care about their fellow citizens and support good causes.

If you have never shot on the Camp Atterbury military ranges, you are truly missing out on one of premier firearms facilities in the United States. These ranges are where the NRA National High Power Championships were held this past summer. Camp Atterbury is an active military base and you are likely to be sharing the facility with active duty troops on other ranges practicing marksmanship with their issued rifles, pistols, machine guns, etc. One year we even witnessed strafing runs by A-10s while on base.

The competition will follow the Revere's Riders Rifle Qualification Test and will be shot at known-distance (100-400 yards). Trophies will be presented for High Score and Tactifail (most useless crap on your rifle; bonus points if you win this trophy and transfer a piece of useless crap from your rifle to the trophy!). Please note that this is an informal competition intended to celebrate and remember Marty Brown; if you want hard-core competition, then come to the 2020 NRA National High Power Championships instead.

The MBMI is by invitation ONLY. If you are interested in participating, please contact the event director, Phil Brown, for an invitation. An invitation will require satisfying the event director that you can be trusted as safe with your rifle and that you are capable of holding steady enough with only a sling for support to hit a standard US Army "dog target" at 400 yards from the prone position.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    A fantastic event at a fantastic location. That being said, I'm not sure if I can make it this year either. I wasn't able to defend my title from two years ago and let some smiling dentist take home my trophy last year.

I'll be checking my calendar. Maybe I can get clearance from the tower for one day. That's all I'll need to beat that dentist. :p

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    A fantastic event at a fantastic location. That being said, I'm not sure if I can make it this year either. I wasn't able to defend my title from two years ago and let some smiling dentist take home my trophy last year.

I'll be checking my calendar. Maybe I can get clearance from the tower for one day. That's all I'll need to beat that dentist. :p

I won’t let that happen :D

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I may shoot my mosin nagant just to give you guys a sporting chance. Lol. If I hear an audible "finally" or "maybe that'll shut him up" when I have to hand over the trophy to the new winner, I'll feel like I've served my bragging rights term honorably.

Steady hold factor pro tip: breath control comes down to brushing and flossing.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I won’t let that happen :D

Dang. I forgot about Mr Cross shot. I better use a bullet size nobody else will have down there... 458 SOCOM! I'll have to lob them in like mortar shells from 400 yards. :alright:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Categories!?! We don't need no stinkin' categories... Hits Count!

But I don't recall that there was much (any?) variety last year. Even in the Tactifail portion...

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Would a purple AR count as an entry in TactiFail just based upon cerakote color alone? I'd have to be a guest entry since I'm not yet up to par on my rifle skills. (Stoopid uninsured whack em drivers!)

gopher

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Zionsville, IN
    Would a purple AR count as an entry in TactiFail just based upon cerakote color alone? I'd have to be a guest entry since I'm not yet up to par on my rifle skills. (Stoopid uninsured whack em drivers!)

The "Tactifail" trophy is sitting here in my study and all I had on my rifle was a muzzlebrake. I think you'll be GTG with a purple AR :rockwoot:

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    I think a purple AR will need some Bedazzling before it'll qualify as a tactifail. :dunno:

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    still a week plus to sign up for this event. If you have attended a basic Rifle with Reveres Riders or Appleseed and want to attend shoot me a PM for an invite.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Few days left to get an invite for this event. Shoot me a PM and discuss. Maybe we can get you on the line and try to get some of these prizes!

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anyone still have their KD target data books that we group made in Rite in Rain paper from years ago?

I misplaced mine and will be running to Kinkos today to have more made. Let me know if you need one. It wont be in Rite in Rain paper but probably just heavier stock paper.

IM me here.

Attachments

• KD DATA CARD.JPG
      KD DATA CARD.JPG
      60.2 KB · Views: 13
    Last edited:

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Anyone still have their KD target data books that we group made in Rite in Rain paper from years ago?

I misplaced mine and will be running to Kinkos today to have more made. Let me know if you need one. It wont be in Rite in Rain paper but probably just heavier stock paper.

IM me here.

I've got 2. will be using some of these instead, mostly cause they're plain paper and small
    AQT KD_Sighter_Data 4-up.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom