Join INGunOwners For Free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Marty Brown Memorial Invitational -- Nov. 16-17, 2019 (Camp Atterbury, IN)

The 3rd Annual Marty Brown Memorial Invitational (MBMI) is scheduled for Nov. 16-17, 2019 at Camp Atterbury near Edinburgh, IN. The MBMI is the second of our annual Marty Brown Memorial events designed to remember Marty Brown and raise money for Ovar'coming Together, a non-profit ovarian cancer charitable organization located in Indianapolis.

Our first event was the Inaugural Marty Brown Memorial Open (MBMO) held in August. The MBMO was held at the Bedford Contingent near Bedford, IN and was attended by 33 participants. The event was styled after Revere's Riders unique Whittermore Weekend event which includes pistol instruction on one day and rifle instruction on the other. The MBMO raised over $7,000 which was donated to Ovar'coming Together.

The MBMI is an informal known-distance 3-position shooting competition on the rifle ranges at Camp Atterbury. 50% of your ticket purchase (less event expenses) will again be donated to Ovar'coming Together to support their ovarian cancer programs. By attending this event you will help show that firearms enthusiasts genuinely care about their fellow citizens and support good causes.

If you have never shot on the Camp Atterbury military ranges, you are truly missing out on one of premier firearms facilities in the United States. These ranges are where the NRA National High Power Championships were held this past summer. Camp Atterbury is an active military base and you are likely to be sharing the facility with active duty troops on other ranges practicing marksmanship with their issued rifles, pistols, machine guns, etc. One year we even witnessed strafing runs by A-10s while on base.

The competition will follow the Revere's Riders Rifle Qualification Test and will be shot at known-distance (100-400 yards). Trophies will be presented for High Score and Tactifail (most useless crap on your rifle; bonus points if you win this trophy and transfer a piece of useless crap from your rifle to the trophy!). Please note that this is an informal competition intended to celebrate and remember Marty Brown; if you want hard-core competition, then come to the 2020 NRA National High Power Championships instead.

The MBMI is by invitation ONLY. If you are interested in participating, please contact the event director, Phil Brown, for an invitation. An invitation will require satisfying the event director that you can be trusted as safe with your rifle and that you are capable of holding steady enough with only a sling for support to hit a standard US Army "dog target" at 400 yards from the prone position.

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

Hop

User Info Menu

A fantastic event at a fantastic location. That being said, I'm not sure if I can make it this year either. I wasn't able to defend my title from two years ago and let some smiling dentist take home my trophy last year.

I'll be checking my calendar. Maybe I can get clearance from the tower for one day. That's all I'll need to beat that dentist.

Revere's Riders Instructor - Master Rifle KD, Master Pistol

NRA Pistol instructor | NRA Rifle instructor | NRA RSO
    Classes and info here: https://www.reveresriders.org/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Hop View Post
    A fantastic event at a fantastic location. That being said, I'm not sure if I can make it this year either. I wasn't able to defend my title from two years ago and let some smiling dentist take home my trophy last year.

I'll be checking my calendar. Maybe I can get clearance from the tower for one day. That's all I'll need to beat that dentist.
    I won’t let that happen
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

User Info Menu

I may shoot my mosin nagant just to give you guys a sporting chance. Lol. If I hear an audible "finally" or "maybe that'll shut him up" when I have to hand over the trophy to the new winner, I'll feel like I've served my bragging rights term honorably.

Steady hold factor pro tip: breath control comes down to brushing and flossing.
    Putting firearms' contribution back in our history makes a more complete telling. Teaching marksmanship in that context deepens the understanding. Revere's Riders, because history involved guns!

Hop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 308jake View Post
    I won’t let that happen
    Dang. I forgot about Mr Cross shot. I better use a bullet size nobody else will have down there... 458 SOCOM! I'll have to lob them in like mortar shells from 400 yards.

Hop

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SmileDocHill View Post
    Steady hold factor pro tip: breath control comes down to brushing and flossing.
    Now that's a sig worthy quote right there!

Were there multiple rifle categories last year? Vintage? Service rifle? etc???

User Info Menu

Categories!?! We don't need no stinkin' categories... Hits Count!

But I don't recall that there was much (any?) variety last year. Even in the Tactifail portion...

Plinker

User Info Menu

Would a purple AR count as an entry in TactiFail just based upon cerakote color alone? I'd have to be a guest entry since I'm not yet up to par on my rifle skills. (Stoopid uninsured whack em drivers!)

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by diveski11 View Post
    Would a purple AR count as an entry in TactiFail just based upon cerakote color alone? I'd have to be a guest entry since I'm not yet up to par on my rifle skills. (Stoopid uninsured whack em drivers!)
    The "Tactifail" trophy is sitting here in my study and all I had on my rifle was a muzzlebrake. I think you'll be GTG with a purple AR

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

Plinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gopher View Post
    The "Tactifail" trophy is sitting here in my study and all I had on my rifle was a muzzlebrake. I think you'll be GTG with a purple AR
    I can throw on vertical grip and angled forward grips. We removed those for the basic rifle class in May.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast