Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pistol 209 Defensive Pistol Nov 21st - One Day Seelyville, IN Anyone here going?

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by obijohn View Post
    That should read 5-7 yards. Go ahead and take the class, I'm sure you will be pleased. AND I can help you get to that particular marksmanship standard.
    I updated the event listing to reflect 5-7 yards instead of 10 yards for the suggested accuracy.

Bruce Williams
    Revere's Riders
    reveresriders.org
    President: president@reveresriders.org
    Webmaster: webmaster@reveresriders.org

Master Rifleman (48/50)
    XI Virginia Regiment, Morgan's Rifle Corps
    Well Regulated

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by gregkl View Post
    ^^ Thanks! I'm out though. I can't keep all my shots within a 6" square at 10 yards. Especially under any kind of speed.

I'll continue to practice and check back again next time around.
    I took this same class a year or so ago and was in about the same boat as you. I felt this class might be a bit over my head (I had qualified in the RR Pistol Class), but had never really pulled from the holster, most of my shooting was from a standing position. Obijohn is a great teacher and worked with me and others, and by the end of the class I had probably learned more about shooting a pistol then in any previous experience. Since that time I have been practicing with what we had worked on, and though I am no Clint Eastwood, my skills and confidence are at a level that I never really thought I would be able to obtain.

I can not recommend this class enough!

Ron
    “We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.” -Archilochus

User Info Menu

I have taken training with John and I also learned a lot. Plus I like his methods and persona as a teacher. I can learn under him.

Unfortunately, after I took a class he taught in conjunction with RR last year, I haven't gotten much range time. I have totally forgot the movement drill he taught us so I can't even practice it.(

Right now, my primary pistol is at DP getting fitted for a RD so I'm relegated to shooting my Shield. I have been doing this for the past couple weekends and I'm already getting better. And that is with fuzzy iron sights! I'm mostly running some drills I get from Shooting Illustrated and a couple turns on the plate rack, dueling tree and Texas star at the end for fun. The steel stuff is all 10' distance.

I won't get my pistol back until mid-August at the earliest, so I'll see how quickly I can get my proficiency up now that I'll be using a RD. I am older and have a couple of vision issues that I have been fighting for about 5 years now. That is why I'm going to give the RD a try.

I did take a 101 pistol class with Bob Whaley about a month ago. I used my 9 mm 1911 with irons. I did okay but most of the class was 3, 5, 7 yards. When we went out to 10 yards it was mostly slow fire to see how accurate we could be. I could keep all my shots within a 6" circle, but once in awhile I had a flier.
    Anything is possible

User Info Menu

Greg you’re good to go. You did well at the DP145 so take the challenge. I assure you that you’ll be just fine
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

User Info Menu

If you managed to survive the 145 class, you will be fine at the 209. Remember that a one day class will NEVER make you an expert at the material in that class.

The 209 class (DP201) is a lot of fun. Shooting on the move, a simulated 360deg environment and all the bad jokes and sarcasm you can stand. What's not to like?

I look forward to training with all who attend.

If you have specific questions, post them here or PM me. In keeping with the current ammo situation, we won't be shooting just to raise the round count. We'll make every attempt for every round expended to mean something.
    Rifleman
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    USPSA NROI

Adaptive Consulting & Training
    Riley Conservation Club

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION
    Article 1 - Bill of Rights - Section 32

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

To Prevail...you must ACT!

User Info Menu

I'm in! Bought my ticket just now.

Kathy is going to wait until she takes 145 once more.

I guess I'd better get out and do some "Hank Drills".
    Quote Originally Posted by indiucky View Post
    ATM and I consider INGO Planet Fitness for our noggins....

User Info Menu

Spot bought. See y'all there.
    "Ramseur! 10-16!"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I'm in! Bought my ticket just now.

Kathy is going to wait until she takes 145 once more.

I guess I'd better get out and do some "Hank Drills".
    More accurately "Henk" drills. Named after a friend of mine.
    Rifleman
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    USPSA NROI

Riley Conservation Club

"The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State."
    INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

User Info Menu

Still some spots open.....
    A Burly man drinks Spiked Soda from a Dented can.

User Info Menu

I believe there are a couple of slots open for this class.
    Rifleman
    NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor
    USPSA NROI

Riley Conservation Club

INDIANA CONSTITUTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast