• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    This will be a new to us venue for Revere's Riders classes! Atlanta Conservation Club is just a few miles North of Indianapolis and hosts numerous competitions. Nearly every weekend there's something happening at this range.

Tickets are available at https://www.reveresriders.org/event/2020-oct-10-noblesville-in/

Class is limited to 12 students so there is plenty of personal coaching time available. This class is suitable for the true beginner as well as a refresher for the experienced marksman.

Pistol 100 (Basic Pistol) Overview

Prerequisites: None
    Estimated Ammunition Required: About 200 rounds/day.
    Pistol Requirements: You will need a safe pistol with at least five round capacity to fully participate in this course. Pistols should be of a modern, drop safe design.
    Older single action pistols manufactured before the 1980s and lacking a transfer bar safety are the most common type of pistol that lack drop safe design features, as do some military surplus imports from Eastern bloc countries and Taurus PT-series pistols not fixed during an international safety recall in 2015. These pistols may discharge if dropped and pose a potential safety hazard to our volunteers and students, and are not permitted. If you have concerns about the safety features of your pistol you should have it inspected by an armorer or gunsmith before class.
    Required Equipment: Please review our suggestions for appropriate Pistol 100 equipment and plan to bring the following:

• at least two magazines for your pistol
    • a way to take notes
    • hearing protection
    • eye protection
    • plenty of your preferred method of hydration (both plain water and something to replace electrolytes you will lose via sweating is ideal)
    • clothing appropriate for the weather (loose fitting clothing, especially around the neck, is discouraged as hot brass can lodge against the skin and cause a burn)
    We will not be drawing from the holster in this class and we will run a “cold range.” You will not need a holster to participate in the class activities.
    Optional Equipment: The following equipment is not required but may come in handy at the event:

• hat with a brim (to deflect flying hot brass and to deal with weather)
    • folding chair
    • lunch
    • snacks
    • sunscreen and/or bug spray
    • stapler and staples - if you have one, bring one!
    Loaner Firearms: loaner firearms suitable for use at this event are generally available but limited. Please contact the Event Director prior to the event if you would like to request a loaner firearm.
    Overview: This course, based on traditional American service pistol fundamentals teaches “Hits Count!” This course lays a sound foundation for students to shoot groups under time pressure from a practical stance. Pistol 100 includes classroom and range time learning to shoot handguns. Students learn:

• Rules for safe gun handling & range rules
    • Pistol parts and operation & ammunition
    • Shooting fundamentals: Five steps to firing each shot
    • Two Handed Grip & Stance: Isoceles, benchrest, and low ready positions (Weaver may also be taught)
    • Natural Point of Aim
    • Shot Group Analysis
    • Clearing Common Stoppages
    • Whittemore’s Stand Pistol Qualifier
    • Classic WW2 Pistol Qualification Test (optional)

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    thats just part of the reason i signed up......to get the basics before moving on to more advanced training. thanks again for putting on this class!!

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    I wish I could make it to this one, but I have to work that weekend. Instead I'm sending my dad and brother, neither of whom have ever taken any firearms training courses before.

Looks like it's down to just 3 tickets left.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Excellent class for new shooters! Safe, informational, safe, fun. Did I mention safe?

It can also be a good refresher for those that haven't shot in awhile or have never had any formal training.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Still a couple of slots open for this one. Perfect class for a new shooter, novice, refresher or building a foundation for future pistol endeavors.
    Not a high round count class. Every shot counts though.
    Inaugural event at Atlanta Conservation Club located about 25 mins North of Indy.

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    C'mon - who wants the last ticket? Class will run smoother with a nice even number of participants :) If you are short on ammo, our volunteers might be able to help (as individuals) with small amounts.

dekindy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 25, 2020
    Noblesville
    I am an experienced shooter and ACC member who has a buddy that I have been teaching the basics. I just discovered this event. My buddy's wife is seriously ill and he may not be able to attend. But if he can attend, would you take 2 more?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    I am an experienced shooter and ACC member who has a buddy that I have been teaching the basics. I just discovered this event. My buddy's wife is seriously ill and he may not be able to attend. But if he can attend, would you take 2 more?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, no. We are capped at 16 and are set up for a limited number of shooters per table and per "relay". 15 tickets are already sold.

Please keep an eye out for our 2021 classes. We try to do 3 basic pistol events between May and October. If you go to our website, you can sign up for our newsletter and upcoming events mailings. https://www.reveresriders.org/

Thank you for your interest. I hope everything turns out ok for your buddy and his wife. These are certainly difficult times, to say the least.

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Great day to go shooting.
    Thanks to all that came out and participated and to all the volunteers.
    Covid19 may have put a cog in the works for classes lately but standby for upcoming 2021 classes.
    New shooters, old and older shooters made up the mix! Proof itÂ’s never too late to either start or to take shooting back up.
    Hope to see you on the line.
    Nigel

Varmit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2014
    NW Indy
    Great day to go shooting.
    Thanks to all that came out and participated and to all the volunteers.
    Covid19 may have put a cog in the works for classes lately but standby for upcoming 2021 classes.
    New shooters, old and older shooters made up the mix! Proof itÂ’s never too late to either start or to take shooting back up.
    Hope to see you on the line.
    Nigel

Great meeting you all today. And what a great day we were given! Thanks to all the volunteers.

Looking forward to next time.

aR

diveski11

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2016
    Indianapolis
    What a beautiful day! Another awesome group of students and as always I enjoyed working alongside of my fellow Riders!

Thank you all for making this a successful event!

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    to the shoot leader and volunteers

thanks to you for helping make it a safe.....yet fun(and funny) time! Love your sense of humor!! I learned so much....and had never taken a handgun marksmanship class. I am looking forward to practicing and trying all the things i learned and forming a combination that works for me. thanks again to you and all the volunteers!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom