Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    5th Annual

DOOMSDAY ASSAULT COURSE

Date: 18 October 2008

Time: Sign up at 8:30, shooting begins at 9:00

57979 CR 100 Elkhart, IN 46517

Entry fee: $10.00

The theme for this year’s course is “Zombie Attack.” You will need to bring a rifle, pistol and at least five rifle magazines and three pistol magazines. This year you will also need a fighting knife or bayonet, however one will be available should your inventory be lacking. Dress for zombie fighting, that is web gear, holster, etc. There will be zombies a plenty so bring 25 pistol rounds and a minimum of 50 rifle rounds, more if you plan on missing a lot. At the last firing position, the 100 yard line, you will be required to eliminate all targets left, so bring plenty of ammo.

We will be shooting from 25 to 100 yards with the rifle and closer with the pistol. Practice shooting from cover in field positions. Also, practice head shots, as the only way to dispatch a zombie is to shoot them in the head.

There will be steel plates and pepper poppers to knock down as well, so no Rimfire ammunition will be allowed, ( they can’t knock down the steel). Any accessories are ok as long as they comply with club rules, and are safe.

You will need to shoot, move, find cover, change magazines and shoot more so be ready. Fastest time to eliminate all targets wins. We award cash and certificates for First through Third place. We shoot rain or shine.

There will also be a Pistol Side Match. Any caliber in any configuration will be allowed. Match Director encourages bringing your everyday carry gun. One stage of fire consisting of five rounds and five targets. Entry fee will be $2.00, enter as many times as you wish. Fastest time for five confirmed hits wins 50% of proceeds.

Check out the website:

http://www.freewebs.com/sjcrc/aboutus.htm

P.O.C.: Lenny Dolshenko 269-350-0562
    Michael Lyczynski 574-850-5318

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    The Doomsday Course was blast (pun intended). I ended up with a DNF due to not being able to see one of the plates from 100yards and running out off ammo. But its was still fun to run.

Ended up in second place in the side pistol match. You were seated at a table and when the buzzer sounded you had to engage 5 targets seated as fast as possible.

The winning time was 2.45 seconds, the best I could muster was 2.63.

Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. I will have to come out again for another match.

Thanks for the heads up Farmritch

Sgt 1371

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Laporte County
    Good to meet you Chris. The Doomsday Assault Course has been our "Super Bowl" for Five years. I hope we get more new people to come out next season. More shooting, more fun! You can't do this in France.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    You can't do this in France.

It's tough to complete a course of fire when after the timer starts, you throw your gun down and either 1) flee while screaming like a little girl, or 2) search for the enemy so you can collaborate as soon as possible. :D

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I got stuck on another deal , Sorry I could not make it
    But very glad some new people have got the word
    This is a great little club with a lot of Really Good People!!

Farmritch

Top Bottom