• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Guys we have on the 2nd sat of every month rain snow shine etc we shoot

it uses carbines and handguns only no game gear is allowed proper use of tactics is encouraged and sometimes just fun silly things(heckling is allowed)

located in battle creek area. most matches take about 4 hours or so we shoot at 10am

American Confederation of Tactical Shooters

there is a lot of video on you tube of th ematches as well.

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    What constitutes "game gear".

i would suspect that this refers to the open division type guns with multiple sighting systems on the rifle and or reddot sighted racegun pistols.

this type of match typically calls for gear that you would carry on the street, pull out of your trunk on duty or your load out for an armed patrol. were i to go to this match, and i am planning on attending one soon, i would use my m4gery with a reddot and a glock 17 with a slide ride reddot and laser. the rifle is my house gun and the glock is one of my carry guns. i'd likely carry my pistol reloads on my belt and rifle mags in a chest rig, or on my belt. my holster will be a blade-tech DOH or a raven. the only thing i'll miss is running my 'guage at a match like this, but they do call it a 2gun, not 3.

Steve MI

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2008
    Race gear as in muzzel brakes/comps.. certian limits allowed. post ban guns and factory ak type on ak's

no race type gear or USPSA ETC.. TYPE TOYS.

we run mainly duty type. issued and HD carry guns no optics allowed on handguns
    lasers are fine CTC ,laser max. mag pouches must cover approx 50% of the magazine.( we had issues with guys running mag carriers that were not what you would call secure.

you will get dinged for not using cover. you will get dinged for leaving ammo behind in mags if they hit the ground) you will get dinged for leaving cover with an empty gun) we are in the middle of changing out some rules for 09 though ..

open allows you to use optics over 4x if you choose or different sighting systems if you choose to swap them out.. IE aimpoint to an acog. etc on your one rifle... not changing guns

enhanced div reddots and up to 4x

etc.....

Top Bottom