• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    So, can I shoot a Glock 17C (factory ported) in IDPA competition or do I have to buy a non-ported barrel for it?

Thanks for any info.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have a standard G17 that I can use... I just wanted to use my old 17C as it's kind of a beater gun and I don't care about wear on it. My other G17 is pristine and I really am conflicted about tearing it up.

So, I'll just order my Lone Wolf barrel without ports and I can put it in either gun. If they say no to the 17C I'll just have my 17 in the range bag and swap barrels.

Thanks for the help.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm a little unclear on the concept of concern over "tearing it up" with respect to a Glock. Maybe with great, great, Grandpappy's Colt .44-40, but a Glock?

Episcopus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Northwest Indiana
    The rule explicitly says no porting. The 17c is out. Glocks are very popular in IDPA, you shouldn't be concerned about wearing it out. The competitions I have been to have been 4 stages and a minimum round count of less than 100. 100 a Sunday is hardly noticed by a gun like a Glock.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I'm not concerned with wearing it out, I'm trying to keep it like new... for some stupid reason. I don't want tons of holster wear and other finish damage. I know the gun will likely go longer than I'll live. I'm just trying to keep that Glock in a pristine state.

Screw it, I'll shoot it. I can always get another safe queen.

ShooterDW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Indianapolis
    We are normally pretty lenient for the monthly match. Come on out and shot, shouldn’t be a problem for a match or two. You could not use it at any sanction (state) match, or if you want to continue beyond a match or two, you should join IDPA and get a barrel that you could compete with.

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    We are normally pretty lenient for the monthly match. Come on out and shot, shouldn’t be a problem for a match or two. You could not use it at any sanction (state) match, or if you want to continue beyond a match or two, you should join IDPA and get a barrel that you could compete with.

Are you a member at the Conservation Club? If so, I would enjoy meeting up and meeting some of the guys who shoot there. I've never been to a match there and would like to swing by sometime and check things out.

If you would like, I could PM you my cell phone number.

Top Bottom