Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    How did you new guys like the match at South Central? Hopefully the hat cam (without a hat) did not scare you off.:)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    5 stages for $15 and friendly guys... that's a good deal in my book. A pretty drive this time of year too.

I liked the stages. It seemed like our squad grew and grew, so we didn't move through very fast, but that's fine with me. Once most people got on with the idea that they would have to help paste targets and set steel, it ran smoothly. Thanks to Coach, Jake, and all the others who RO'ed for us.

I look forward to being back in December, schedule permitting.

Does that range put on steel matches?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    5 stages for $15 and friendly guys... that's a good deal in my book. A pretty drive this time of year too.

I liked the stages. It seemed like our squad grew and grew, so we didn't move through very fast, but that's fine with me. Once most people got on with the idea that they would have to help paste targets and set steel, it ran smoothly. Thanks to Coach, Jake, and all the others who RO'ed for us.

I look forward to being back in December, schedule permitting.

Does that range put on steel matches?

They do not do steel matches. It is a value. We did not move very fast but they disappeared fast on the last stage didn't they.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Good point Coach. Funny how a guy can move slow as molasses all day and then makes a beeline for his truck when its time to tear down the last stage. Maybe they are democrats.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Good point Coach. Funny how a guy can move slow as molasses all day and then makes a beeline for his truck when its time to tear down the last stage. Maybe they are democrats.

You may be onto something. This sport brings out the guys with the ideas, and usually they don't bring work gloves. Thanks for all of your help today. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the match.

notasccrmom

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    south 'til you smell
    Definitely a fun match today. The hat cam was pretty scary looking at times. Here's the wide angle video of me shooting the stages, complete with screw ups and ammo problems. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BooPD2Z5pDw]YouTube - South Central 11-2-08[/ame]

Josh, I didn't realize you were one of the forum guys. I'm guessing that some of the other "new guys" are from here too... Nice meeting you.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Man, of all the times to not be able to go. EatMeerkats clearly needed more heckling and it's a sad day when Jake has the stubbiest fingers in the squad (that's my job!).

The combination of work and other factors precluded my attendance. I even had to leave a wedding reception early last night (early = before I identified the bridesmaid(s) with the lowest self-esteem and subsequently plied her (them) with a judicious application of my cherub-like demeanor and plenty of hard liquor).

I'll be there in December unless the pistol class on 06DEC08 kills me! :D

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Pleasure to meet you notasoccermom. Now your screen name makes sense. Next time we should start on the first stage and have everybody share their internet personas.

Nice shooting, maybe we'll run into each other in December. Thats a bad time of year for anyone academically involved, but if time permits it's certainly worth the drive.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Good to see some new faces today. Hope to see you in Dec. again, Soundslikejosh.

Likewise. Be sure to bring Justin, and peer pressure him into joining this forum. He has potential and I liked his attitude. He was taking extra shots when he had a D hit, and replaced them with A's in a few cases. While I am sure that the score doesn't get better due to the time necessary, personally I think it's good practice to make the A's. It'll be nice to shoot with both of you guys again.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    Likewise. Be sure to bring Justin, and peer pressure him into joining this forum. He has potential and I liked his attitude. He was taking extra shots when he had a D hit, and replaced them with A's in a few cases. While I am sure that the score doesn't get better due to the time necessary, personally I think it's good practice to make the A's. It'll be nice to shoot with both of you guys again.

I think Justin is hooked... he was even thinking of upgrading to a Glock 34 specifically for USPSA when we parted ways yesterday.
    He said that he'd probably make the match at Atlanta next Sunday.

Anyway, I had a great time at the shoot too...
    Just so you can identify me... I'm the slow shooter that had stupid procedural penalties that shot at the very end of the squad.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I think Justin is hooked... he was even thinking of upgrading to a Glock 34 specifically for USPSA when we parted ways yesterday.
    He said that he'd probably make the match at Atlanta next Sunday.

Anyway, I had a great time at the shoot too...
    Just so you can identify me... I'm the slow shooter that had stupid procedural penalties that shot at the very end of the squad.

That last stage was not typical. Usually you would not have to shoot from the box. I think they designed it that way to keep people away from the 180. If you got down range a ways and then turned to shoot the first target it would be easy to break the 180.

You will never be happy about silly things like that, but it is part of experience. Overall I thought improvement was noticeable on your part.

nk1124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Bloomington
    Man, of all the times to not be able to go. EatMeerkats clearly needed more heckling and it's a sad day when Jake has the stubbiest fingers in the squad (that's my job!).

The combination of work and other factors precluded my attendance. I even had to leave a wedding reception early last night (early = before I identified the bridesmaid(s) with the lowest self-esteem and subsequently plied her (them) with a judicious application of my cherub-like demeanor and plenty of hard liquor).

I'll be there in December unless the pistol class on 06DEC08 kills me! :D

Ok its my turn since Im usually the target of such heckling... maybe eatmeerkats should be getting some ointment for your girl parts. I really need to get back out there too, I bet they've all forgotten my name by now.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Ok its my turn since Im usually the target of such heckling... maybe eatmeerkats should be getting some ointment for your girl parts. I really need to get back out there too, I bet they've all forgotten my name by now.

There's plenty of the soothing ointments to go around, Nick!

You only have one more chance this year!

Top Bottom