• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    So let's say I wanted to get into IDPA or something like that so I could shoot matches.

What do I need besides a handgun? Do I need lead rounds, do I need 50 mags do I need a backup gun?

How does one start?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    USPSA or IPSC, which would fall into something like that category your mention, would require safe ammo, holster that covers the trigger guard, five magazines and a gun that is 9mm or larger, and mag pouches. There are several divisions based upon what type of handgun you are shooting. Production, single stack and Limited 10 are the divisions that are easiest to start in. There are clubs at Fort Wayne and Warsaw that hold matches and are near you.

WWW.uspsa.org is the website for the national organization. There is a club finder function on the site that can give you contact info for the club president. Getting started is easy just show up. If you were closer to Terre Haute I would just say come to our match this Sunday and we would get you started. It is probably too long of a haul but you would be welcome.

Last edited:

obijohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 24, 2008
    Terre Haute
    don't forget, coach, we'll be firing up your basic competition pistol class in the spring. an excellent way to get started in competition shooting.

USPSA or IPSC, which would fall into something like that category your mention, would require safe ammo, holster that covers the trigger guard, five magazines and a gun that is 9mm or larger, and mag pouches. There are several divisions based upon what type of handgun you are shooting. Production, single stack and Limited 10 are the divisions that are easiest to start in. There are clubs at Fort Wayne and Warsaw that hold matches and are near you.

WWW.uspsa.org is the website for the national organization. There is a club finder function on the site that can give you contact info for the club president. Getting started is easy just show up. If you were closer to Terre Haute I would just say come to our match this Sunday and we would get you started. It is probably too long of a haul but you would be welcome.

Top Bottom