• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Woo Hooo! FNS is back for December! Everyone wear your Santa hats!:rockwoot:

So, who wants to shoot in an all-rimfire squad!?:draw:

I know Kenny is on-board, maybe Craig if his gun will work this time:stickpoke:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I know this sounds dumb but what is it?

Friday Night Steel is an organized shooting event held at Marion County Fish and Game. It is similar to a 'steel challenge' type of event. Check out this link for info Steel at Marion County Fish and Game Association, Indianapolis, Indiana The organizer of this event, Caspian on this board, will be along shortly to post the flyer for this month's shoot.

It really is a lot of fun and a great way to get introduced to the shooting sports. We have shooters from about every skill level, from first-timers to shooters who have been around the block, so to speak. You are shooting against the clock and yourself. I would welcome you to come out and shoot this Friday. I'm sure you'll be hooked after just one time!

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    Shooters,
    Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, December 12th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-up at 5:15 pm and a shooters meeting at 6:00 pm to explain the rules and to form squads. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry.

* PLEASE TAKE NOTE *
    If you wondered where to purchase the Friday Nights Steel gear that some of the RO’s were wearing. You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts and hats at Café press

* PLEASE MAKE A NOTE AS THIS HAS CHANGED *
    Due to inflation, we have raised prices to $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10.00 with your first paid entry. This puts us at the same cost as many of the other local steel matches, and much less than many of the USPSA matches. Our goal is to help offset the rising costs of insurance, fuel, and taxes so that we provide a financially stable club for many generations to come.

Marion County Fish and Game allows the sighting in of rifles in the calibers of 38 special, 357 magnum, 44 special, and 44 magnum, provided that the rifles are fired from a bench rest at paper targets. This rule applies to regular business hours; so you can finally sight in guns in the above mentioned calibers for the new Indiana deer season. Please make sure that you follow this rule to the letter, so that FNS sets a good example for all MCFG club members.

5 magazines or speed loaders is now the minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score.
    If you're new to competitive shooting, we encourage you to check out the following site. It shows upcoming shooting events for 3-gun, Action Pistol (Bianchi Cup), Bowling Pin Shooting, Cowboy Action Shooting (SASS), ICORE, IDPA, Multi-gun, Steel Challenge, and USPSA. The sight is now listing results for FNS so be sure to check them out.

Don’t forget about the Bowling Pin Shoot (Fourth Saturday) at Marion County Fish and Game.

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    there

I had really considered not coming out this month due to having a nasty cold but Nick had to go and mention the R word. I will be there and hopefully on time. I hope the Boss will let me off work just a little early.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    I plan on being there, rimfire is fine with me. I did do some work on it, but haven't had a chance to do a function cheack.

I might also run my Saiga if I get the carrier back from Red Jacket. (Will forgot to weld on the Galil charging handle. However, shooter521has offered a loaner if I do desire.)

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm coming for sure. You guys put the monkey on my back last month.:):
    I was kinda thinking I'd shoot single stack again, along with rimfire rifle. I'll let you guys decide what to do with me on that.

Last I heard, Soundslikejosh might be making the trip up with me.

repair

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I looked at the rules and as I read them I can shoot my Glocks but they don't break the classes down into compacts and full size.

So it looks like if I want to be competitive I would need to buy a full size steel gun....... and get a lot better LOL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Soundslikewho?

I put glass on my 10/22 and haven't been to the range yet to zero it. I suppose I could just pull it off and do it the old fashioned way :D.

How many revolver shooters show up? I've been thinking for a while that my K-frame needs to see more daylight. Do you have any strings that are more than 6 shots?

Also, what is the minimum round count?

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    groups

After the shooters meeting the range Officers divide the number of shooters up into equal squads and each squad starts at a different station. It is just a fun event for time. The squad I shoot in , we tend to raz each other to get better times. You just do the best you can, wait to see were you fall in the accumualated times and then come back the next month and try to do better. No problem we always enjoy having more shooters show up and meeting guys from here

40calPUNISHER

Master
    Rating - 99.1%
    116   1   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    I will be there, not shooting, dont have sights on my 10/22 yet. Also I work and dont get off til 6.... Kenny, bring that knife you want me to stipple. See you guys there.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom