• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    As I glanced at indyrange.com I believe this Friday is the the next scheduled competition. Now who is ready to shoot in the cold weather? :draw:

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I'll be there. I will be the one carrying a gun on his hip!

I have never shot FNS in the cold. I wonder what the turn out will be like?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    How is that train wreck of construction going on the West side? Is it gonna add an extra hour+ to my trip or put me driving in a ghetto after dark?

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Last month the Crawfordsville exit took me to a stop light on 136 (I think that's the name of the road) and I just had to turn left to head to the range. If I were to turn right it would have taken me towards Crawfordsville road and Grindstone Charleys :)

But I don't frequent the area often and stuff changes up there on a daily basis it seems like. Maybe someone else who has been up there more recently will chime in..

:ingo:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Last month the Crawfordsville exit took me to a stop light on 136 (I think that's the name of the road) and I just had to turn left to head to the range. If I were to turn right it would have taken me towards Crawfordsville road and Grindstone Charleys :)

But I don't frequent the area often and stuff changes up there on a daily basis it seems like. Maybe someone else who has been up there more recently will chime in..

:ingo:

This is absolutely correct; however, that is coming from the south. I'm not sure if the exit is open, coming from the north.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    would i be able to do this with only 4 mags?

It depends. You shoot 3 strings per stage, normally about 6 hits required per string (some stages more, some stages less). The handgunners usually will use a new magazine per string. So, if you can get 6 or so good hits per mag, 4 mags will work. If you have to do a mag swap mid-string because of misses, you stand a very real chance of either running out of rounds, or forcing yourself into extra mag changes that will kill your time. Sure, you can do it, but reloading your magazines is not permitted while you are shooting your strings. Now, if you are a rifle shooter with a 30 round magazine, 4 mags should be plenty.

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    I am shooting an m&p compact, not a competition gun by any means, but im just in it to shoot anyways. i have two 12 rounders and 2 ten rounders. ill see what i can find. worse case scenario i will shoot what i have and if i run out, ill just take the penalties and move on.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I am shooting an m&p compact, not a competition gun by any means, but im just in it to shoot anyways. i have two 12 rounders and 2 ten rounders. ill see what i can find. worse case scenario i will shoot what i have and if i run out, ill just take the penalties and move on.

You should be fine. But yes the worst case is you take max time on your last string. But FNS is about having fun and shooting anyway.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist

If you shoot in limited you can load your magazines to capacity (among other acceptable modifications for that class). But if you shoot Production your only allowed to load them to 10 in each magazine. Just some food for thought!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Quite often, if you have a common gun, there will be someone there willing to loan out a magazine or two. For sure come on out, it really is a great time!

Top Bottom