• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    "The best part is that you don’t really need any special equipment to start and anyone can play, and the best in the business typically seem to be “well endowed” (fat) instead of remarkably fit."

For the love of god, when are these people gonna get it???

IT'S A STABLE SHOOTING PLATFORM!!!

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Little skinny (fellas) just don't like getting their butt handed to them by fat bastards

Because in their mind it just should not happen. Because being fat is a crime and a sign of weakness in their minds. Skinny people die to, and I mean to enjoy my existence while it lasts.

Last edited by a moderator:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    "The best part is that you don’t really need any special equipment to start and anyone can play, and the best in the business typically seem to be “well endowed” (fat) instead of remarkably fit."

FTW :laugh:

I'm going to start using that one:rofl:

mrobnoxious1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Plymouth
    so to get started, with the basics-- rifle $800, hand gun $800, shotgun $600 another $500 for extra mags slings and carriers. So, about $2700 to get started?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    so to get started, with the basics-- rifle $800, hand gun $800, shotgun $600 another $500 for extra mags slings and carriers. So, about $2700 to get started?

If you are lucky. Realistically, you can get into 3 gun for far less than that if you want. You can shoot tac optics for around 1800 if you are froogle enough...

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    coach, i remember years ago a skinny person called you fat slow and tried to outrun you...and got their ass whupped... i think i was that skinny person.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute

I'm working on it. Had to buy new jeans just the other day.

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood

To be competitive, maybe.

If you truly don't have anything to start, I''d buy a used 9mm Glock/3 mags, a pump shotgun, with somewhere around 22-24" barrel and get an extended mag tube for it.

You'll need an AR and 2-3 mags. Optics will add from $300 to the sky. If I was broke and getting started, I'd shoot irons.

You don't need a sling in 3gun. They just get in the way.

It's about the same as getting started in golf and a lot more fun.;)

slow1911s

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Indianapolis

Actually, show up with a pistol, belt, pistol mags+carriers, eye and ear protection. You can probably borrow the rest if you plan ahead and ask during a match announcement thread.

If someone already shoots one of the handgun games (IDPA, USPSA, SCSA), making 3-gun a reality can be done for about $1200. Here's how

1. Used Remington 870 w/slug barrel ($275) + a Nordic Components +5 extension and clamp ($110) - $360
    2. 20" flat top AR with iron sights - $800
    3. Maxpedition RolyPoly dump pouch for 12ga ammo - $25
    4. 3-Gun Gear Double rifle mag pouch - $40

That's enough to get you to play in Limited division under both IMGA and USPSA rules. If you want to move up, sell/trade the shotgun for a semi auto, and then buy a scope for the rifle. Now you can play in Tactical.

A lot of people already own all of this already. None of this is game specific gear, either. You can take this same setup and go do (probably with the addition of a sling) a carbine or shotgun class. And, if you do buy and don't like it (not likely), you can sell it all and get back >90% of your expenditure.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    To be competitive, maybe.

If you truly don't have anything to start, I''d buy a used 9mm Glock/3 mags, a pump shotgun, with somewhere around 22-24" barrel and get an extended mag tube for it.

You'll need an AR and 2-3 mags. Optics will add from $300 to the sky. If I was broke and getting started, I'd shoot irons.

You don't need a sling in 3gun. They just get in the way.

It's about the same as getting started in golf and a lot more fun.;)

I was thinking of starting in tac-irons, but INMG changed it to limited and will allow 1x optics, so now it seems like you'd need an EOtech or aimpoint to be in the running. (or be an iron sight stud, which I am not)

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for deals on a rifle shotgun, but I'd rather "buy once, cry once" and get the good stuff upfront.

And to think, I thought racing guns would be cheaper than racing motorcycles! :laugh:

Good link in the OP, it helped clear up some questions I had.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you want to go auto with shotgun check out the mossberg 930 or the cz 712 (i think that is the number)
    Someone correct me if I am wrong but doesn't both millet and nikon have 1x-6 variable scopes for around $300?

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    So, newb question:
    How many are using 16" rifles, at least for IN matches? With the shorter ranges here, it doesn't seem like the longer rifles would hold much of an advantage over the carbine length guns that are all over.

Top Bottom