Who is in for Friday Night Steel on Friday, January 13, 2012?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Are you coming to FNS on 1/13?

• Total voters

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Here is the official verbage

Our Friday Night Steel match will be this Friday, January 13th at 6 pm. We will have 5 challenging courses of fire. We will begin course setup at 5:00 pm, and we'll need help from volunteers. We will have sign-in from 5:15 pm until 6:00 pm and a shooters meeting immediately afterwards to explain the rules and to form squads. You must be in line by 6:00 pm and you must attend the Shooter's Meeting in order to shoot. If you are late you will not be allowed to shoot. At 6:15 pm sharp, we plan to begin shooting. We'll be charging $10 for club members and $15 for non-members, with all money going towards the club or new steel targets. Shoot an additional gun for only $10 with your first paid entry, if our capacity allows (typically 50 shooters or less).

For more info, please check out our website at:

MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range

FNS is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be either holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of the range officer (RO), or in the designated "safe areas." You may not handle any ammunition or loaded magazines in the safe areas! Violation of these or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

You can now purchase Official Friday Night Steel shirts at Café press

Friday Night Steel Gifts, T-Shirts, Stickers, & More - CafePress

5 magazines or speed loaders is our minimum requirement. If you do not bring enough magazines to complete all of the strings of fire, you will receive the maximum time for the strings of fire that you were unable to complete. We will not allow shooters (or their friends) to load magazines at the shooting line in between strings of fire, as it slows down the shooting procedure for other competitors.

With our numbers continuing to grow we ask that everyone does their part to make the match run as smoothly as possible. Be ready when it is your time on the firing line. Help with setup. Help to reset the steel. Volunteer to keep score. Help tear down your stage at the end of the match.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Im willing to bet the recent 55 degree days will not happen on this spooky night. I'm gonna to guess ~15 by nights end. Anyone wanna take bets? (no cheating by checking the weather) :draw:

harokyle

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    Can somone tell me how i go about renewing my membership to mcfg do i have to wait till the next meeting

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    I'm glad something was mentioned officially. I was going to show up regardless because i assumed it was still going down.... and i can't live without it.

joshua_xdm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Oh Vear
    Im willing to bet the recent 55 degree days will not happen on this spooky night. I'm gonna to guess ~15 by nights end. Anyone wanna take bets? (no cheating by checking the weather) :draw:

I wont be there but i will take that bet! I will be in Kentucky so maybe it will be a few degrees warmer there. I will make the next FNS for sure. :ar15:

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I was planning on coming be to shoot but lack some equipment (enough mags, OWS holster). Still plan to come by and check things out and hopefully be able to participate in the next few months.

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    I was planning on coming be to shoot but lack some equipment (enough mags, OWS holster). Still plan to come by and check things out and hopefully be able to participate in the next few months.

No holster needed, you can just put it in your range bag in between strings.

As far as mags, by looking at your username I'll be no help because I'm a Glock guy, but if you post what gun you have there may be some members on here that might be able to help you out :ingo:

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Can under 18yr old shoot? Can a first timer just come and help out and see how things work?

Under 18 get a price cut I believe, may even be free with a paid adult, but I will let someone who knows for sure answer that one.

First timers are always welcomed. That being said, you will want to shoot! It is a very relaxed environment. There is zero pressure to do well and everyone is about having fun. People will be more than willing to give you some advice if you ask. There will be a very wide range of skill there. If you need equipment just ask, I or someone else may be willing to help you out. And if you don't do well you can blame it on someone else's gun ;)

Top Bottom