• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just came across the 2011 IDPA Postal Match Scores. I shoot IDPA at Redbrush and a few of the guys I shoot with there did very well! Congrats to the following

Brad Eadens- 2nd ESP Expert
    Scott Hurt- 6th SSP Master
    Jim Trockman- 22nd ESR Marksman
    Steve Owens- 137th SSP Sharpshooter (out of 361)

Good shooting guys!

There might be more from Redbrush on the list (it is HUGE).

IDPA August 27-December 24, 2011 Match

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    I remember shooting that match. I cannot find my results though and they are not posted on the site. I was not a member of IDPA at the time.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Just did some figuring from the November scores-

Mudcat Jr would have taken 1st in SSP Expert or 3rd Master (43.53:eek:)

Ben would have taken 29th in ESP Marksman

Sorry Mudcat, I can't find your scores on my November sheet.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I love the idea of the Postal Match but I picked the wrong match to have a terrible day and just about every one of those that I shot was awful. Hopefully the 2012 Postal Match will be better on me. I liked 3 of the 4 courses, the oddball standards was the only one I didn't like.

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Just came across the 2011 IDPA Postal Match Scores. I shoot IDPA at Redbrush and a few of the guys I shoot with there did very well! Congrats to the following

Brad Eadens- 2nd ESP Expert
    Scott Hurt- 6th SSP Master
    Jim Trockman- 22nd ESR Marksman
    Steve Owens- 137th SSP Sharpshooter (out of 361)

Good shooting guys!

There might be more from Redbrush on the list (it is HUGE).

IDPA August 27-December 24, 2011 Match

Thanks ... Steve Owens has the computer with all the scores since 2006 which would include all of the 2011 Postal participants. I've seen the Postal Match grow over the years and it's neat to say where you placed. There were 1051 people competing in SSP alone.

We've got some good shooters in the club and it would be nice to hold a State or Regional Championship again to give those in our area a chance to shoot a big match. It takes 24 guys who are committed to dedicating themselves to the match. Right now with the Redbrush BOD it would be hard to convince them to let us have the range for a Friday / Saturday. We would close the range, and take every bay so I doubt if it would be popular with the BOD since they are now pushing us into the lake! When I get home in April, we could have a stage where you swim to the small island at the lake and encounter targets. Just a thought. :):

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    WOW we do have pretty good shooters at Red Brush.
    I would like a swimming stage sounds fun. If they can't swim give them a set of water wings.
    images

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Alright ... I placed 20th in SSP/NV. Considering I shot my first IDPA match (actually my first match of any kind) in March last year, I feel pretty happy with the results.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    I shoot stainless revolvers for just such an event. I'd hate to see what a little mud and water would do to a Kimber.:D

Kimbers are so tight they do not allow for the fouling by dirt or debris in their action. You may have to wipe off the firing pin area where the hammer contacts it but its better than if crud got into the cylinder of a revolver or striker of a Glock... :):

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Alright ... I placed 20th in SSP/NV. Considering I shot my first IDPA match (actually my first match of any kind) in March last year, I feel pretty happy with the results.

Good job! What club you shooting at?

Kimbers are so tight they do not allow for the fouling by dirt or debris in their action. You may have to wipe off the firing pin area where the hammer contacts it but its better than if crud got into the cylinder of a revolver or striker of a Glock... :):

Smith Revolvers Seal Teams have used: 2 (66 and 686)
    Kimbers Seal Teams have used: 0

+1 for knowing a revolver cylinder, -1 for not realizing they are sealed with rounds

:D

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Good job! What club you shooting at?

Wildcat mostly but I make it out to Atlanta whenever I can. I shot IDPA and Steel last year with a couple of USPSA's near the end of the season. I came in 8th for .22 PI at the State Steel last year which I was real happy with as well.

I've gotten so many great tips from the shooters at Wildcat and Atlanta, my shooting has improved immensely over the last year. Best thing I've done in years was to take up shooting sports.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Wildcat mostly but I make it out to Atlanta whenever I can. I shot IDPA and Steel last year with a couple of USPSA's near the end of the season. I came in 8th for .22 PI at the State Steel last year which I was real happy with as well.

I've gotten so many great tips from the shooters at Wildcat and Atlanta, my shooting has improved immensely over the last year. Best thing I've done in years was to take up shooting sports.

Glad to hear it! I shot my first match in August 2011 and have loved it ever since. TF got me started on it down at Redbrush.

Shooting sports only help ones shooting ability. Down my way though, we don't so much give each other tips as make fun of each other's failures. This is our way of improving:laugh:

I'm thinking of trying to get into the IDPA State Match so maybe I'll catch you there.

scowens

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    OHHHHHH!!! Lake Match!?!?? Oh yea! My 2 favorite things! Scuba and guns! Here it is, start out, opposite side of lake, swim U/W till waist deep. Pop up, only neck and head out of water, 2 papers, popper, swinger, another popper which sends a running target toward you.
    Next COF, same approach, must engage targets, while exiting water, going to back of truck, full scuba gear on. Scott and Brad must keep fins on. 25 seconds DEDUCTED from score if using full cave gear. Then there are the side matches!!!!!

Otherwise, congratualtions to the shooters and the scores! Neat to see what talent they have. As Scott said, I have the PC, if you would like for me to check your score, I will, but I will PM/email the score back to you.

Take care all!

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    OHHHHHH!!! Lake Match!?!?? Oh yea! My 2 favorite things! Scuba and guns! Here it is, start out, opposite side of lake, swim U/W till waist deep. Pop up, only neck and head out of water, 2 papers, popper, swinger, another popper which sends a running target toward you.
    Next COF, same approach, must engage targets, while exiting water, going to back of truck, full scuba gear on. Scott and Brad must keep fins on. 25 seconds DEDUCTED from score if using full cave gear. Then there are the side matches!!!!!

Otherwise, congratualtions to the shooters and the scores! Neat to see what talent they have. As Scott said, I have the PC, if you would like for me to check your score, I will, but I will PM/email the score back to you.

Take care all!

The scoring computer should have the 2011 Postal Match scores I sent into IDPA with a list of names who shot the match. Yes, you needed to be a valid card toting member to be scored in the match because they will be giving awards. Depending on your finish, you will get an award for the Postal Match. The first year they gave out nice certificates.

Hope all is going well in Indiana ..... I'm taking a very interesting class from the ATF and I've yet to get kicked out of the class for my views!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I managed 22nd in SSR out of42 in MM class so middle of pack is usually about where I end up. The bright spot was COF #4, " Bad day for a picnic" where I managed a fifth place finish. I shot it at Wildcat also and put in a fair amount of trigger time at Atlanta. I plan to be at the State again this year, SO at the last four years. See you there, Jim.

Top Bottom