• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Marion County Fish & Game ( MCFG - Indy Range Office Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range ) is open for Trap Every Thursday Evening, All Year. Including Holidays if they happen to fall on a Thursday. We Have Two Trap Fields. We shoot in daylight and under the lights 5:30 - 10 PM. The official start time listed on the club website is 6 PM but we have actually been getting started before 5:30 most Thursdays. Practice for beginner & expert alike. If there is enough interest we also will run a 50 Target Program. It consists of 25 targets shot at 16 yards and 25 targets shot from the 23, 24, or 25 yard line depending on your 16 yard score. Also if there is enough interest we close the evening with a Piece & Protect game. If you have an idea for additional competitions or games just let us know and we will see if there is any interest. Gas Heated Clubhouse with a cozy fireplace and plenty of seating.

New to the sport or shooting in general? There are always plenty of old-timers ready to help you.

Trap at MCF&G is open to the public. Members and Non-members pay $4 per round (25 targets). Non-members pay a one-time per evening charge of $2 regardless of how many rounds you shoot.

Pitch-in dinner: Coming right after work? No problem, we always have something great to eat and the best part is it is absolutely FREE. Our members and a few regulars bring in a wide variety of foods and deserts to share with all. And anyone is welcome to bring something if you like. The food is free to all, and we always have a fresh pot of free Hot Coffee.

As with all MCF&G Events: Children under the age of 18 shoot for free, shells not included.

Newcomers, First Time Shooters, & Those New To Trap Shooting: We have many shooting/trap shooting veterans ready to help you or answer any questions you may have. Safety is our #1 concern so if you don't arrive in time for our opening safety announcement just ask and we will go over the safety rules with you one-on-one. The veterans will also assist you in the game of trapshooting to almost any degree you want from general pointers to get you started to in-depth knowledge of the sport. We even have a few 'loaner' shotguns and help learning how to use them if you just want to try trapshooting before you commit to buying a gun. It's all about having fun and doing it in a safe manner.

Located just west of I-465 on Crawfordsville Rd. (US 136). Detailed driving directions on club website.

Hope to see you soon!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    We'll be out again this Thursday. We had 6 Brave shooters last time; can we go for 10. Maybe we should start the Trap version of the Polar Bear Club.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    can you come at any time or do you have to be there from 530 til finish like FNS?

Short Answer: Come anytime. See below for the Long Answer.
    Newcomers, First Time Shooters, & Those New To Trap Shooting: We have many shooting/trap shooting veterans ready to help you or answer any questions you may have. Safety is our #1 concern so if you don't arrive in time for our opening safety announcement just ask and we will go over the safety rules with you one-on-one. The veterans will also assist you in the game of trapshooting to almost any degree you want from general pointers to get you started to in-depth knowledge of the sport. We even have a few 'loaner' shotguns and help learning how to use them if you just want to try trapshooting before you commit to buying a gun. It's all about having fun and doing it in a safe manner.

Last edited:

3point5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2011
    Kokomo
    Wish the weather was nicer...i shot both skeet and trap for the first time a couple weeks ago at crooked creek, and the weather has stunk since. I hope to make it down there eventually.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    We had fourteen shooters, great home cooked chili, home made pie and brownies, and a roaring fire; couldn't ask for a better night. I did notice most shot half the normal rounds. After eating and sitting by the fire it was hard to get up and shoot.

Belt99

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2012
    Anderson
    I like to shoot trap but have gone to an organized event. Will any type of shotgun be acceptable. I have a Mossberg 500 pump. I would eventually love to get an over/under double barrel shotgun.

Top Bottom