Any shooting matches etc close to Loogootee/47553?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NinnJinn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 10, 2011
    Loogootee (Lo Go Tee
    Hi Shooters! :draw:

Shooting holes in paper targets for practice is starting to get boring. :):

I am wanting to get involved in shooting sports etc. However the only matches besides trap that my local shooting range has is IDPA, And they are held 3-4times a year, and when I once showed up, The place was full of City, county and state police cars. lol No offense to LEOs but I doubt I would have any fun shooting with them, so I decided to watch instead. It was kind of hard to see what was going on with the participants there watching, so I went to the other side of the range, and shot 30rds into some paper and then went home and mowed the lawn...

I have been reading about steel and bowling pin shooting, although I would freeze my arse off, based on threads from MCFG and Silver Creek, it sounds like the fun I would have would be well worth freezing my butt off.:D

Only problem is, Is each place is over 75miles from me, I live in Loogootee, 47553. As my wife puts it, (we live in a small hickerbilly town) She has lived in Fort Wayne and South Bend areas all her life until we got together and I convinced her to move with me to my old home town.

Anyways, back to my main question. Are there any places closer to my neck of the woods no more than 40-50miles that has shooting matches besides trap, skeet, IDPA and USPSA on a regular basis?

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Hi Shooters! :draw:

Shooting holes in paper targets for practice is starting to get boring. :):

I am wanting to get involved in shooting sports etc. However the only matches besides trap that my local shooting range has is IDPA, And they are held 3-4times a year, and when I once showed up, The place was full of City, county and state police cars. lol No offense to LEOs but I doubt I would have any fun shooting with them, so I decided to watch instead. It was kind of hard to see what was going on with the participants there watching, so I went to the other side of the range, and shot 30rds into some paper and then went home and mowed the lawn...

I have been reading about steel and bowling pin shooting, although I would freeze my arse off, based on threads from MCFG and Silver Creek, it sounds like the fun I would have would be well worth freezing my butt off.:D

Only problem is, Is each place is over 75miles from me, I live in Loogootee, 47553. As my wife puts it, (we live in a small hickerbilly town) She has lived in Fort Wayne and South Bend areas all her life until we got together and I convinced her to move with me to my old home town.

Anyways, back to my main question. Are there any places closer to my neck of the woods no more than 40-50miles that has shooting matches besides trap, skeet, IDPA and USPSA on a regular basis?

Don't know the miles. USPSA by WVPPS in Riley, Indiana. March through November on the third Sunday. www.wvpps.com

pranavdc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    South Central has USPSA like at Riley first sunday of the month March-Nov. The range is 30min east of Bedford.

Mudcat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Warrick county
    They have a few matches in Jasper not sure when or what. I do know they have a rifle competition during summer moths.

We shoot IDPA year round at Red Brush near Evansville the first Saturday of every month. Great group of guys and gals always willing to help out a new shooter. Also we have steel challenge first Sunday April through Nov. Tactical rifle year round last Sunday, bowling pin every Thursday except for meeting nights April through Nov. There are other competitions too but I do not compete in those. Check out the web site for info and there is a always a good thread going on in this forum for the IDPA matches. Come on out we will make sure you have a good time.
    Red Brush Rifle Range

BillD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Greenwood
    I got started in competition shooting at a Wildcat when I lived in West Lafayette. I only lived about 12-15 miles from the range. It is easier for sure.

Now I live in SW Indianapolis. I shoot 3-4 comps a month, sometimes more and I have to drive about 75 miles each way to all of them.

It's only gas and time.

I'd like to shoot an IDPA match that was full of LEO's. That could be fun.:ar15:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    They have a few matches in Jasper not sure when or what. I do know they have a rifle competition during summer moths.

We shoot IDPA year round at Red Brush near Evansville the first Saturday of every month. Great group of guys and gals always willing to help out a new shooter. Also we have steel challenge first Sunday April through Nov. Tactical rifle year round last Sunday, bowling pin every Thursday except for meeting nights April through Nov. There are other competitions too but I do not compete in those. Check out the web site for info and there is a always a good thread going on in this forum for the IDPA matches. Come on out we will make sure you have a good time.
    Red Brush Rifle Range

Jasper shoots a USPSA style match (but not a USPSA club match) on the second Saturdays of March-October. It's a little different in that it is all shot on one bay and we shoot one course of fire, take it down, shoot the next, etc. I think it was 4 courses of fire total. It's a good time and makes for good practice for the Owensboro USPSA match on the third Saturdays:D

Jasper seems to have a lot of matches in the way of longarms as well.

Hope to see you around!

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

Hit me up if you ever want to check out a match. Closest to you are South Central (near Seymour) and WVPPS at Riley. There are a few of us over in in Bedford drive/carpool to matches, even down to Silver Creek near Sellersburg.

My folks live over your way, just up from Boggs.

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I live up around bloomington (work down around loogootee), I have gone to the last FNS and pin shoots at MCFG, if you ever wanted to make the trip to bloomington, you would be more than welcome to ride the rest of the way up to indy with me.

Planning on going to the pin shoot on the 28th, if you are interested.

Top Bottom