• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    After like a year of coaxing and cajoling, Bigdaddy1427 got me to go to a Cowboy action match at Etna Green yesterday at the Cutters Raiders match.

I had a great time. I borrowed most of the equipment from Mark and it was an absolute great time with 19 other shooters.

I finished 18 out of 20 but I really don't care. Great bunch of guys and I will be back. I never thought that I could shoot a single action revolver that fast.

Any of you that have not tried the Cowboy Action Sport should really give it a try.

I shot it as "deadeye Dean" but I think I will change my handle to sloughfoot in honor of my grandfather.

I had a ball....

Last edited:

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    There is a SASS expo in Shipshewana next weekend, March 10-11, at the Town Center, same place that hosts the gun show. I hope I can make it. It's tough to make commitments during syrup season.

Grizhicks

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    New Palestine
    sloughfoot -- Welcome to CAS!!!! My wife & I started last summer, and had a blast. We are head up to Shipshewana for the expo this weekend, and I'm planning on my 1st match of the year the next weekend in Lafayette. Will be up to Etna Green for the state BP match and hopefully later for the SASS state match. Good luck and happy shooting.... Grizhicks

sassdan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    brick house off cent
    I was at the Knob Creek shoot yesterday cold but had a great time. Pleasant Valley 3/10, maybe at Circle R Cowboys 3/17 and then at Deer creek 3/25 then it all starts over in May.

Mad Brew

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Franklin
    <thread necromancy>

I know this is an older post, but does anyone know the name/details (website would be nice) of the Bedford crew, or any CAS nearer to Indianapolis or Columbus? I just got a single action six shooter and I'd love to start participating (need to acquire some duds though). I found a mounted club out of Rushville, but I haven't a steed. Other than that, my Google-fu appears to have failed me.

Top Bottom