Jessie signs up as Captain of Shooting Team for....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I had a feeling there would be something going on with her co-host of Friends of the NRA...turns out that something is pretty serious.

It will be interesting to see what she can do for Taurus

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Matt is one lucky mofo... St Louis Cardinal, Buck Commander and now uber friend of the NRA with Jess... he's livin life right!

and for those who don't know who Jessie is...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hAL1DYmtI8[/ame]

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    She did sign with S&W, but apparently it was not a full sponsor and did not last. She has been without a full sponsor/gun company for almost 2 years now.

I find it interesting that she approached them, I would have thought that companies would have been lining up to sign her up. I would have really thought that Springfield Armory would have. It would have allowed her to compete in all divisions (except revovler) with Springfield guns and custom shop support.
    Other than Robbie and his wife Kippie, who is a decent female shooter but not at Jessie's level, who does Springfield have?

Taurus is an interesting choice, while they do have 1911's and the Taurus 24/7 there is no after market support for the 24/7. And the 1911 is really on the lower end of the scale with a ton of MIM parts.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I wonder what class she will shoot? If she shoots open Taurus doesn"t have anything that fits. I guess a Taurus 1911 top end on a Hi-Cap frame might still be a considered a Taurus. Maybe a open version of one of Taurus's other guns?
    Production?, single stack?
    I'm glad see is shooting for someone she is a very talented young lady.
    OK and she is easy on the eyes.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I thought Springfield would be most obvious... she could have rocked Open and Production and probably sold a lot of guns... especially with their 5.25 XDm now in the line.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    did you really think that would last?

Can't have Tom Brady and Petyon Manning on the same team...

You know, for a moment, yeah I kinda did :D

It is hard to imagine a shooter of her level not being wooed by manufacturers day in and day out. I hope that isn't a sign she is high maintenance. With everything that happened to her in the last few years hopefully all of that was just a time to process it all and put everything else behind her.

But Taurus....really?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Taurus is an interesting choice, while they do have 1911's and the Taurus 24/7 there is no after market support for the 24/7. And the 1911 is really on the lower end of the scale with a ton of MIM parts.

I thought Springfield would be most obvious... she could have rocked Open and Production and probably sold a lot of guns... especially with their 5.25 XDm now in the line.

It'd be very interesting to get some "inside baseball' info on what makes what happen, when and where.

Taurus wouldn't seem to be a desirable company to to have on your shirt, but maybe due to their low-end products they are the one's with the need for a name and the big money to spend on one.

I wonder how much modern day perception is based on emotion as opposed to reality. Christ, Peyton and Irsey are on TV crying.:rolleyes: I bet Jessie's new hubby wouldn't be crying on TV.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    But Taurus....really?

I hope Ben doesn't read this thread:D

I'm certain that the only thing "Taurus" on any of her comp guns will be the logo stamp. Nothing against Taurus or Taurus fans, it's just right now that's the way it is.

I've always been a bigger Julie fan anyway- she can run a revolver.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...I've always been a bigger Julie fan anyway- she can run a revolver.
    Jasmine Jessie runs two, single actions. ;)

images

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    :yesway:
    Jasmine Jessie runs two. ;)

images

Haha! I stand corrected! I guess I should have clarified- Jessie can shoot a revolver in competition, Julie can actually compete with one:flamethrower:

I keeed, I keeeed- they are both great shooters, competitors and ambassadors for the sport. I don't know a lot about Jessis leaving her former sponsor and going to Smith (?) and then leaving and going to Taurus, but I'm sure she will do them good. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Yeah, we're all thinking USPSA ... she was a cowboy shooter first. Taurus makes all three of those guns.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    I cannot say this is a bad thing. However, I hope Taurus is evolving. I hope that they have developed a competitive production gun that will with stand the rigors of competition.
    Of the Taurus guns I have owned I would be lucky to get 1000 rounds in the back yard without a major breakdown, malfunction that was continuous, and/or was not worth more than a paper weight.
    With Jessie aboard they must be committed / finally to making a quality firearm. Lets watch this progress and see how it evolves.

Give it hell Jess and prove Taurus is something we want to invest in.

Skroggster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2010
    Kokomo, Indiana
    :yesway:

Haha! I stand corrected! I guess I should have clarified- Jessie can shoot a revolver in competition, Julie can actually compete with one:flamethrower:

I keeed, I keeeed- they are both great shooters, competitors and ambassadors for the sport. I don't know a lot about Jessis leaving her former sponsor and going to Smith (?) and then leaving and going to Taurus, but I'm sure she will do them good. :yesway:

That's what happens when you're typing one handed watching Jessie videos. :laugh:

Top Bottom