• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Welborn and crew will be cranking up their 2012 USPSA season on March 17th. These guys don't know how to put on a bad match. Non-club members enter for $15 ($8 more to run two). I believe they run 6 courses of fire and I usually take 250 rounds and have plenty left. Plus, it's in KY, everyone benefits by being in KY if only for a Saturday:D

Owensboro Rifle & Pistol Club - ORPCI.org

Bosshoss is reported to be running a wheelgun this year, so I won't be the only one!

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    625 in revolver. I need a couple more classifiers to get a classification in revolver. Although so far I have bombed the classifiers. It won't matter because USPSA will only allow you to be one class below your best class in any division.
    I might shoot 627 in Production later this summer, I still haven't found a legal holster for it yet.
    Might even put red dot on 627 and shoot a few matches in open.
    The open sights just aren't as clear as they used to be.:D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    TJ, I might just have to make it down there on Sat. My IDPA stuff good enough to run down there? Sans concealment of course ;)

Haha! Yes, you will feel quite at home- OC only!

You will get a kick out of my revolver "bling" for USPSA. Looks like I'm wearing a championship boxing belt:laugh:

Your stuff should be good to go. Just keep in mind that USPSA courses can run up to 32 rounds/COF. You'll need 4 mags of 9 or 5 of 45, minimum. I believe they have 6 courses, so plan for at least 200 rounds.

If none of that works with your gear- feed it and you can run my M&P9 in limited- full out, 23 rounds/mag, run and gun. I've got all the mags and holsters needed.

Let me know if you're going and if so, we can meet up as usual.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Man I would be infected with cooties if I ran a plastic gun!!! :laugh:

Is there a round limit per mag? I have a 18, 17, 15, and a 10 round mag for my Taurus. So I'm good on mags and round count as long as I can load them to capacity.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    You all should come north to WVPPS on Sunday as well. Two matches one weekend.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Man I would be infected with cooties if I ran a plastic gun!!! :laugh:

Is there a round limit per mag? I have a 18, 17, 15, and a 10 round mag for my Taurus. So I'm good on mags and round count as long as I can load them to capacity.

Someone like Coach would know this answer for sure, but I'll give it my best shot. Also, the boys at Owensboro have this nifty little webpage telling all about it: Intro to IPSC Pistol from ORPCI.org

Production: 10+1 to start, 10 after
    Limited 10: 10+1 to start, 10 after
    Single Stacks: 8+1 to start, 8 after
    Limited: As many as you can fit in a 140mm mag
    Open: As many as you can fit in a 170mm mag

The Taurus could run in production or limited 10. If you get into limited 10, there will be some gamer gear hanging on belts. I guess you could shoot in limited if you wanted to as well. The Kimber could run in Single Stack if it was loaded down.

I would recommend running in Production. Or, if you just want to have fun, run in limited and fill'em up. I think you'll be fine with your round count and 4 mags in Production. In any class you'll be shooting "minor" unless you bring out the 45, which puts you in major.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    If I went I think my pastor would know I skipped church... And if TJ went too the church would wonder where their pastor is :D

Yeah, it's a lot better to shoot matches WITH your pastor. I've been here 9 years and have yet to take a vacation- I'm pretty sure they would notice my absence (or, they might be thankful for it:lmfao:)

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Hey what time are we meeting? Same place?

Also do you think you will have time before or after the match to help me sight in my AR? I installed a front sight and a carry handle on it and it really needs sighted in.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Hey what time are we meeting? Same place?

Also do you think you will have time before or after the match to help me sight in my AR? I installed a front sight and a carry handle on it and it really needs sighted in.

Same place is cool, let's try 9:15.

Shooting starts at 10:00 (and there, it actually means 10:00:D).

I might be running two, which will put me getting out a little later (not much) though. So, if you want to ride or follow, it's cool. I would guess the first match will end at 1:00, second wave starts at 1:30. Probably an extra hour to get through the courses.

Let's try and meet at 9:15.

Or...

If you want to drop by the house early we can get the AR sighted in.

We can also do this after the match or on Sunday.

Any option works for me.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Same place is cool, let's try 9:15.

Shooting starts at 10:00 (and there, it actually means 10:00:D).

I might be running two, which will put me getting out a little later (not much) though. So, if you want to ride or follow, it's cool. I would guess the first match will end at 1:00, second wave starts at 1:30. Probably an extra hour to get through the courses.

Let's try and meet at 9:15.

Or...

If you want to drop by the house early we can get the AR sighted in.

We can also do this after the match or on Sunday.

Any option works for me.

If it won't be too early to shoot lets do it before the match so I'm not draggin butt tired. I don't shoot well when I'm tired or bored LOL.

I'm going to try the T-Bird this time so Tiff can have the Explorer to go Kayaking.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    If it won't be too early to shoot lets do it before the match so I'm not draggin butt tired. I don't shoot well when I'm tired or bored LOL.

I'm going to try the T-Bird this time so Tiff can have the Explorer to go Kayaking.

Sounds good! I think we'll be in good shape as long as we leave the house by 9:15, so come when you can. Won't be too early- my neighbors were spanking off rounds today at 7:00.

Just another day in the country :rockwoot:

I think we can get it dialed in quickly. Check at 25, dial in at 50 and you'll be good to go (on at 50, 1" high at 100, on at 200). We can test anything from 0-200 out here.

Top Bottom