Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Too bad Para's suck.

No Power Extrator

all the crappy Para parts have been replaced with top of the line parts

but in 40S&W it is going to be interesting to see if they run, right mags are going to be very important and they don't list anything about that.

They didn't skimp on the rest of the parts, hopefully they do right and have good mags

Cylinder & Slide Hammer, Sear, & Disconnector.

EGW Barrel Bushing

EGW HD Extractor

tgford58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Northern Indiana
    I'm in Houston and went to Collectors Firearms supposedly the largest gun store in Houston I handled a 40 and 9 Para and was favorably impressed. Slide fit was tight parts were well fit. It cycled smooth. They were 'standard' 1911s and looked to have all 1911 parts. I am no Para fan but if these were examples I need to rethink my old objections

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I love the way they look and the fit, but they tend to not run.

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    yeah it is a little pricey but for what you get compared to a Trojan it really isn't that far off considering that is MSRP, shelf price will be closer to $1500.

The magwell and grips
    trigger, hammer, sear, ambi's, better finish
    and real checkering, plus the stainless frame instead of the cast frame that STI uses.

The Para is also using a stainless frame, and upgraded componets, real checkering, but the covert finish is crap and doesn't hold up (I had it on my 16/40)

They are lots and lots of manufacturers making 1911's, not alot of them making them in .40s&w or when they did it didn't stick around long.
    They use cheap mags and the guns are alot more finicky about bullet length to make them run.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    yeah it is a little pricey but for what you get compared to a Trojan it really isn't that far off considering that is MSRP, shelf price will be closer to $1500.

The magwell and grips
    trigger, hammer, sear, ambi's, better finish
    and real checkering, plus the stainless frame instead of the cast frame that STI uses.

The Para is also using a stainless frame, and upgraded componets, real checkering, but the covert finish is crap and doesn't hold up (I had it on my 16/40)

They are lots and lots of manufacturers making 1911's, not alot of them making them in .40s&w or when they did it didn't stick around long.
    They use cheap mags and the guns are alot more finicky about bullet length to make them run.

Jake just buy one,give it to George, and it will run. I will never buy another 40 SS. I like the one I have....now and I will keep it. When you spend that kind of money on a pistol it should run with any magazine that is in spec.
    The same goes for ammo,if it won't work they shouldn't sell it. The finish on the Trojan sucks too,mine looks like I've had it for 50 years:):

Last edited:

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Jake just buy one,give it to George, and it will run. I will never buy another 40 SS. I like the one I have....now and I will keep it. When you spend that kind of money on a pistol it should run with any magazine that is in spec.
    The same goes for ammo,if it won't work they shouldn't sell it. The finish on the Trojan sucks too,mine looks like I've had it for 50 years:):

Now that all the bugs are worked out of yours, how about trading for my .45acp Trojan? :dunno:

Top Bottom