• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Marion County Fish and Game's Bowling Pin Match will be this Saturday, March 24th at 1 PM. Setup will begin at 12:15 PM and we would appreciate the help of a few volunteers. The Safety Meeting (required for new shooters) will be at 12:45 PM to explain the rules. At 1:00 PM, we will begin shooting.

The forecast looks good for shooting real pins this month from a temperature standpoint. The forecast is calling for a chance of rain, so if it is wet, we may be forced to shoot steel plates. If in doubt, come prepared to shoot both. If there is severe weather, the match may need to be canceled. I will try to send an e-mail and post an announcement in the Shooting Sports section of INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community by 11:00 AM if it is obvious the weather isn’t going to cooperate.

The cost is $3 per bracket for club members and $4 per bracket for non-members. All money goes toward the club and/or making the competition better. Youth (under the age of 18) shoot free with a paid adult.

Bowling Pin Shooting is conducted under a COLD RANGE. That means all guns must be holstered (or bagged) at all times, unloaded, hammer down, with no magazine inserted. You may only handle your gun at the direction of a range officer (RO), or at the designated "safe table". Violation of this or any other safety rules shall result in a match disqualification.

If you have any questions about the match, please read the rules posted at: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range (look under "Programs and Events" > "Bowling Pins") If you are unable to find an answer posted in the rule, please feel free to email me. Be advised the start times listed in the rules are out of date.

If you are interested in shooting Pin Heads, bring your .22 LR's (pistol or rifle). Also remember you can shoot your BUGs (Backup Guns). The class is limited to .38SPL snub nose revolvers and .380’s pocket pistols loaded with 5 rounds. 3 pins are set on the table at the minor position and the pins must leave the table just like regular brackets. The challenge is both in the shooting and the reloading of your weapon.

If you are willing to help as an RO or help keep score, that would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to see you on Saturday.

~John

BowlingPinShooting@gmail.com

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    Looks like another good weekend to blast some pins. As of today the schedule looks good for me to be there.

Looking forward to getting out the SR22 Pistol for the pin heads.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I work off 465 & Michigan rd on the NW side
    And don't have to work until 5 Saturday... How long does the shoot last? Kinda like FNS?

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I work off 465 & Michigan rd on the NW side
    And don't have to work until 5 Saturday... How long does the shoot last? Kinda like FNS?

We normally shoot about 3 hours, but you can leave when you want/need to.

Unlike FNS, we compete head to head against another shooter. You are placed in a tournament bracket when you sign up. If you lose the first time up, you are moved to a Second Chance bracket. From there on out, in both the Winner's and Second Chance bracket, if you lose you're out until we start a new bracket. It varies depending on how many people show up, but it normally takes about an hour to get through a bracket. So we usually get at least three brackets shot on a normal Saturday.

FreeLand

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Sep 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Are we washed out?

If it is too muddy around the tables, we may not be able be to shoot pins. (I'm hoping that won't be the case.) If it is too muddy or raining, we would shoot plate racks or TX Stars from under the covered firing line.

We can't run a match if there is lighting. If it is raining hard, we'll make the decision based on current conditions and the radar.

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Had a GREAT time this afternoon, great weather and good conversation. I took my cz 75 and had a super time, Next time i'm bringin a bigger gun!! Thanks to all those that RO'ed

Top Bottom