Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

cowboy action shooting

This sounds like a lot of fun. What type of guns are usually used in this?
    i have a Ruger Blackhawk, Super single 6, and a bearcat. Can any of these revolvers be used? Shooting this type of gun is a totally different experience form shooting a semi like a Glock.

Rand60 check out our website at Cutter's Raiders there will be info on our matches. If you get a chance, come by on the first Saturday of each month for our shoots. We would be glad to answer any of your questions. In short, you need 2 center fire single action revolvers, one lever action rifle usually in the same caliber as the handguns. Rifle has to be in pistol caliber. 1 shotgun in a double barrel or a winchester model 1897 which is a pump. If you are short equipment to start with, most times someone will loan the needed equipment. So don't let not having everything to start with stop you. We are located in the northcentral part of the state, if that is too far for you, there are other clubs all over the state. Just let us know where you live, we can let you know where the nearest club is. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by slipnotz View Post
    Rand60 check out our website at Cutter's Raiders there will be info on our matches. If you get a chance, come by on the first Saturday of each month for our shoots. We would be glad to answer any of your questions. In short, you need 2 center fire single action revolvers, one lever action rifle usually in the same caliber as the handguns. Rifle has to be in pistol caliber. 1 shotgun in a double barrel or a winchester model 1897 which is a pump. If you are short equipment to start with, most times someone will loan the needed equipment. So don't let not having everything to start with stop you. We are located in the northcentral part of the state, if that is too far for you, there are other clubs all over the state. Just let us know where you live, we can let you know where the nearest club is. good luck.
    How close to Freedom Indiana (Owen county)?

I had a chance to see some of this kind of action at a Dan Patch "Road-e-o" a few years back and it is cool to say the least!!!! Maybe we can make it over to Brookston some day!

Wannabe Alchemist, we are a long way off, about 170 miles. Your best bet is to look at the first post here by Grizhicks. He lists a bunch of clubs and their contacts here in Indiana. There are clubs closer to you than we are. If you are interested, contact one of the clubs closest to you for info. I know they would be glad to help you. If I can answer any questions for you, just let me know. Good luck

I'm gonna shoot Brookston come spring. Havent had a chance to shoot there yet but have shot with a few of the pards from there. They are good ppl and Im lookin forward to shooting some matches away from home. You ppl that havent shot before there is a vid on you tube that Grizzly Dave made called Introduction to cowboy action shooting. Its a great video to start out a new shooter.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt7H8j1HGVs

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe Alchemist View Post
    How close to Freedom Indiana (Owen county)?
    Yes, just north of Brazil; The Pine Ridge Regulators (http://www.pineridgeregulators.org/) shoot on the 3rd Saturday of the month, starting April 20th.

We shoot at ProTEQ Firearms Academy (http://www.proteqrange.net/Pictures.html, a few cowboy pictures).

-- Grizhicks
    Last edited by Grizhicks; 01-07-2013 at 13:06.
    <====><====><====><===><====>
    Greg / Grizhicks

"A Handlebar Moustache is indeed a glorious facial hair feature. Whether it stands alone or crowns some other form of facial hair, the glory comes from it being a 'Handlebar' and not simply an ordinary moustache." - Schnauzer

Watched the video, nice job Grizhicks. Anyone interested in cowboy action shooting should watch this video. Thanks again.

OUTLAW UP-RISIN at Cutters Raiders Paradise Pass Feb 2nd. A bunch of us are shootin all 5 stages in the outlaw catagory.

intro: pair of Ruger Vaq., lever action (same caliber), stagecoach 12 ga. and leather. Western attire and my personal favorite...45.70 with long range sights.
    And lots of "cowboy" ammo; not a cheap sport to enter.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast