• ...and so much more!
  • USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    I just wanted to pass this information along. If anyone is interested in attending the "Bring A Buddy Day" with me on April 18 let me know. If anyone needs copies of the match programs emailed to them PM me.
    All so if any interest in forming a INGO Bulls Eye team lets discuss it.

This email is being sent to announce the 2009 Marion County Fish and Game 2700 pistol match schedule. Attached are copies of the match programs. Please note that the Saturday, April 18th match is a "Bring a Buddy" club match fired only at 25 yards. This match is intended to provide you an opportunity to introduce a friend to the fun of our sport. The Saturday, May 9th; Saturday, June 13th; and Saturday, August 15th matches are NRA Approved matches fired at 50 and 25 yards. The Indiana State Outdoor Pistol Championship will be held on September 19th and 20th.

I look forward to shooting with you this year.

Sincerely,

Thomas Petersen
    Match Contact
    "contact info removed to prevent spam" if you want it PM me.

2009 Marion County F&G Match Schedule

April 18th, 2009 “Bring a Buddy” (Club Match – Non-NRA Match)
    May 9th, 2009 (NRA Approved)
    June 13th, 2009 (NRA Approved)
    August 15th, 2009 (NRA Approved)
    September 19th and 20th Indiana State Championship (NRA Registered State Championship)

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    So far this is the only one I have got. Should be more in the next month. I did find this is on the Indiana State Rifle & Pistol web site. Match Schedules

I am on a few bulls eye list and I will be going to Camp Perry this summer. The dates in blue are real good for beginners. They provide the pistol, ammo, and military coaches for only 35.00. Camping is cheap. I will be ther the whole week. Maybe 2 weeks (rifle) if things work out

2009 NM Calendar(Draft)
    12 July
    SAFS Pistol Registration
    13 July
    SAFS Pistol Classes - AM
    SAFS Pistol Firing - PM
    1st Shot Ceremony 1830
    14 July
    SAFS Pistol M9 EIC Match
    Harry Reeves (PM)
    NRA Dist. Revolver (PM)
    NRA Pistol Practice (AM)
    Jr. Pistol Camp
    15 July
    NRA Prelim Pistol Aggregate
    Jr. Pistol Camp
    NRA College Night
    16 July
    NRA .22 Championship
    Jr. Pistol Camp
    17 July
    NRA CF Championship
    Jr. Pistol Camp
    Mayleigh Cup Match
    18 July
    NRA .45 Championship
    NRA Awards Ceremony
    19 July
    CMP Pistol President's Match
    NTI Pistol Match
    NTT Pistol Match
    CMP Awards

JByer323

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    You know, I'm interested, but I have absolutely no idea what Bulls Eye entails, have never even seen a match before, and am sure I would make a fool of myself. Having said all that, I'm still interested, but there's an Appleseed shoot that I'm probably going to that same weekend.

Next year, I guess.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Bullseye type shooting or NRA conventional pistol

You know, I'm interested, but I have absolutely no idea what Bulls Eye entails, have never even seen a match before, and am sure I would make a fool of myself. Having said all that, I'm still interested, but there's an Appleseed shoot that I'm probably going to that same weekend.

Next year, I guess.

Well if you don't make the appleseed I am sure you would have fun. Some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Here is quick breakdown.
    Bullseye type shooting or NRA conventional pistol. This type of shooting is done with one hand. There are no tactical moves or anything like that. Course of fire is 50 yards slow fire 10 rds, 25 yard timed and rapid fire 10 rds each. They use 3 pistols .22, center fire, and .45 the .45 can be used on both center fire and .45 stages. This the type of pistol matches that is shot at Camp Perry. You compete in classes according to your ability. It is the only type of match that points are awarded towards distinguished badges (leg matches).
    There are lots of nice people that will help you with anything. I have even borrowed guns to shoot. You don’t have to shoot all 3 stages (guns). You can shoot only one gun or a combination. The aggregate of 2700 comes from all 3 guns.

50 yards Slow Fire 3 stages of 10 shots worth 100 points each for 300
    25 yards Timed Fire 3 stages of 10 shots worth 100 points each for 300
    25 yards Rapid Fire 3 stages of 10 shots worth 100 points each for 300
    Total 900

Most matches will do this for each of the 3 guns.

They all so have what is called a “leg match”. It requires a service pistol (either M9 or 1911) and is shot over the National Match Course (same as above but only 1 stage). Leg Matches are for points towards the distinguished pistol award. The top 10 percent of all non distinguished shooters will be awarded points.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Just a little bump to remind everyone the first match is April 18. This is bring a buddy match and a great intro into bullseye shooting.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    My son and I plan to come to shoot the .22 event only. I have a 45 but it hasn't been accurized, so I'm sure I wouldn't fare well with it.

I shoot USPSA and steel, but we're both totally new to Bullseye. My son has shot some steel, and is fairly good at it for his age (12). I've been on the lookout for more competitive events for him to shoot in, and this might be fun.

Why does bullseye require a single-handed hold? This goes against all I've been taught about handgun shooting.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    My son and I plan to come to shoot the .22 event only. I have a 45 but it hasn't been accurized, so I'm sure I wouldn't fare well with it.

I shoot USPSA and steel, but we're both totally new to Bullseye. My son has shot some steel, and is fairly good at it for his age (12). I've been on the lookout for more competitive events for him to shoot in, and this might be fun.

Why does bullseye require a single-handed hold? This goes against all I've been taught about handgun shooting.

Looking forward to meeting you and your son. I am not really sure why bullseye requires a single-hand hold. Maybe it has something to do with the age of the sport, maybe it was the "manly" thing to do. I know the difference in my scores form 1 to 2 hands is considerable. For me I think it has more to do with he sight picture being closer with 2 hands as opposed with one, it is fully extended and I struggle in my old age aquiring a clear front sight sometimes. With 2 hands I pretty sue I would shoot high master class but with 1 I am only a expert class.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Any Bullseye Matches being held in or near NWI ?

Any firearms requirements besides it being a 22 or 45 ???

I'm guessing my Ruger MKII target and the Kimber 1911A1 would work, but don't know....

Wondering...

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Any Bullseye Matches being held in or near NWI ?

Any firearms requirements besides it being a 22 or 45 ???

I'm guessing my Ruger MKII target and the Kimber 1911A1 would work, but don't know....

Wondering...

I don't know about matches in NWI but you may find some here. Indiana State Rifle And Pistol Association - Home

Your pistols should be ok. You can use the .45 in both the centerfire and .45 matches. Only thing is some matches, regionals, state championships, and the nationals shoot a "leg" match in addition. The "leg" match or now called EIC (excellence in competition) matches are with the service peistol only. M9 or 1911, they have to be mil spec but can have match barrels, adjustable sights, and a trigger pull no less then 4 lbs.

Another good link

CMP Home

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Well I got my gear ready and a new trigger job on the Colt. I am taking a new shooter, should be lots of fun. We will be there at 8:00 hope to see at least one other INGO member. I will be sporting the INGO Tactical hat.:D

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson
    Took a buddy, first time shooter. First string of 100 he shot a 31, Last rapid fire string of 100 he shot a 89.:D He had a blast as so did I even after having to leave with only 2/3 complete. (My son had his first Baseball tryouts, can't miss that). I was happy with my scores right in the middle for first time in a few years. Spotted another INGO Tactical hat but I got his name wrong and can't find in search. I thought he said purdy? I guess my ears were still ringiing from all the gun fire at MCFG.:ar15:

Top Bottom