• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    Here it is folks, the endless combined pages (or is it posts??:D) of all things IDPA at Redbrush (Newburgh, IN) and WSSC (Evansville, IN). We'll be posting up emails for upcoming matches and discussing all things IDPA with a healthy dose of smacktalk:D

Though subject to change, as of now here's how it goes:

Redbrush IDPA Newburgh, IN
    Red Brush Rifle Range
    1st Saturdays
    New Shooters Meeting: 9:30am
    Match: 10:00

WSSC Evansville, IN
    http://wssc.us/
    2nd Saturday
    New Shooters Meeting: 10:30am
    Match: 11:00am

See you on the range!

Last edited:

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    And the first post comes from the keyboard of one Steve Owens (aka, scowens) for Redbrush this Saturday:

Hello gang! Our November match is fast approaching. Looks like the weather man has some great weather heading our way, we are expecting a big turn out. Hope you come out! This month will be about 85 rounds. Of course, the more the merrier....

Also this Saturday, we will have the carbine side match! It will be 15 rounds. Please, no steel in the bullets - this helps our steel last longer.

Match starts at 11:00AM

New shooter's meeting at 10:30AM

We can always use help in sitting up if you want to come out early.

Thanks, and hope to see you out there!

Steve

PS: still looking for an old sturdy rocking chair if you would like to donate one to the club.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If the memory serves, it seems that the matches were usually 3-4 courses of fire versus the 5-6 during the warmer months. Cost was usually reduced from $15 to $10 but that was due to the smaller number of courses. I'm assuming that if the course-count is high then the cost for the match will reflect that.

The 100-round mark does seem to be the norm, though. I don't know the last time I broke into that 3rd box of 50 I bring for emergencies!

Kisada

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Evansville
    If the memory serves, it seems that the matches were usually 3-4 courses of fire versus the 5-6 during the warmer months. Cost was usually reduced from $15 to $10 but that was due to the smaller number of courses. I'm assuming that if the course-count is high then the cost for the match will reflect that.

The 100-round mark does seem to be the norm, though. I don't know the last time I broke into that 3rd box of 50 I bring for emergencies!
    Yeah, now that I think about it, I had two value packs of Federal .45 and had one full box and a few left in the second when I got home.
    I also don't recall chewing through rounds as fast as I did with the 9mm in past excursions... maybe I am improving a bit and/or I just shoot the .45 better. :laugh:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Yeah, now that I think about it, I had two value packs of Federal .45 and had one full box and a few left in the second when I got home.
    I also don't recall chewing through rounds as fast as I did with the 9mm in past excursions... maybe I am improving a bit and/or I just shoot the .45 better. :laugh:

I still believe that I shoot my .45's better than I do my 9s! Might be all in my head but whatever it takes, right? :D

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    :laugh::laugh: You know what that means, don't you? Guess I'll be shooting my Glock this weekend! :D And I just got word that my new holster shipped and I should have it by Friday, too!

You make me sick:puke::laugh:

I had mentioned somewhere that I thought I might run ESP this week (oh, I will be at RB, things just couldn't come together for the Cup:(, so I'll shoot it next year, Lord willing). So, I did my normal morning dryfire practice with my 625 and when done, got geared up with the M&P. Did a couple of drills and put it up- it just didn't seem fun to me. Guess I'm just a full-fledged wheelgunner:laugh:

LOL! Just to tell on myself, reloads with the M&P went surprisingly smooth, seeing as I haven't even got it out of the safe since the last classifier. Trigger pull on the other hand was hilarious- front sight went everywhere:D Going from a 8lb trigger to a 3lb trigger throws a man off:laugh: That's to mention nothing about bringing that gun out of the holster and transitioning with it- those dudes are lite!!

Last edited:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    You make me sick:puke::laugh:

I had mentioned somewhere that I thought I might run ESP this week (oh, I will be at RB, things just couldn't come together for the Cup:(, so I'll shoot it next year, Lord willing). So, I did my normal morning dryfire practice with my 625 and when done, got geared up with the M&P. Did a couple of drills and put it up- it just didn't seem fun to me. Guess I'm just a full-fledged wheelgunner:laugh:

LOL! Just to tell on myself, reloads with the M&P went surprisingly smooth, seeing as I haven't even got it out of the safe since the last classifier. Trigger pull on the other hand was hilarious- front sight went everywhere:D Going from a 8lb trigger to a 3lb trigger throws a man off:laugh: That's to mention nothing about bringing that gun out of the holster and transitioning with it- those dudes are lite!!

Once you go .45 you can't go back! :D and like Grelber says about me and the Glock, you and your 625 are probably the better match no matter how well you shoot the others.

On an ESR-note, did you catch the graphic that IDPA posted on Facebook? It was an equipment survey (I love reading those) from a major they held recently. It seems that ESP had a greater number of shooters than SSP while there were very few revolver shooters there. CDP was stuck in the middle as usual. I'll post it here for those that didn't catch it.

534745_385557541521259_1534899261_n.jpg

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I caught that graphic. The very first thing I noticed was that 90.1% of the shooters held a "valid" CCW License. I guess that remaining 9.9% had "invalid" ones:D

At most all the local and major matches I've shot, I don't think I've ever witnessed ESP shooters outnumber SSP shooters:dunno: But, this was the nats, which means sponsors whose gadgets fit into the ESP division expect their products to be on display.:twocents:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I caught that graphic. The very first thing I noticed was that 90.1% of the shooters held a "valid" CCW License. I guess that remaining 9.9% had "invalid" ones:D

At most all the local and major matches I've shot, I don't think I've ever witnessed ESP shooters outnumber SSP shooters:dunno: But, this was the nats, which means sponsors whose gadgets fit into the ESP division expect their products to be on display.:twocents:

that is a good point. Gotta get those magazine wells out there for the public to see. It kind of got me since Glock took home the #1 spot with S&W coming in a very close 2nd that ESP would take the #1 spot.Even though Smith probably took a majority share of the SSR and ESR category I would have thought Springfield would place higher in the percentages. Fantastic to see so many there were valid license holders, though.... they should have had a graph for how many are from a Kommie state like Illinois so we know they have no real choice in the matter :D

Top Bottom