Triple H Gun Club Linton - What happened?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    Does anybody know what happened to Triple H Gun Club in Linton? I used to shoot skeet and sporting down there several times during the spring/summer. I enjoyed the restaurant on site too. Suddenly, one day, the gate was closed.

I've heard rumors and speculation, but I'd like to know the real story. Will they re-open?

Bikerdad61

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 4, 2010
    Sullivan
    I'll be interested to hear the outcome to. Little John is my wifes cousin. We don't keep in contact with them but they are good people.

MadCity Hoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 28, 2010
    Greencastle
    It's been closed since June, so I doubt the 'closure' has anything to do with the temperature outside.

John has always remained open year-round. Since he re-built the club after the fire, it looked like they were doing a good business just through the restaurant side of the business.

iceman4226

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Bloomington
    I used to go there about 3 time a month and really enjoyed the restaurant. At the end before they closed. The sporting clay's course was a joke. Dead battery's no clay's it was real bad. The owner became a real butt hole. Between all of us we would probably drop $3 to$4 in a day there. I heard we were not the only people he was a real jerk to.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I used to go there about 3 time a month and really enjoyed the restaurant. At the end before they closed. The sporting clay's course was a joke. Dead battery's no clay's it was real bad. The owner became a real butt hole. Between all of us we would probably drop $3 to$4 in a day there. I heard we were not the only people he was a real jerk to.

$3 to $4 per day? No wonder he couldn't make a go of it.

Mark Bartlow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2014
    Linton
    It's good to see a forum on the Triple H. Here is an update. My wife and I bought the gun club and grill Wednesday night . We have lots of paperwork to complete and intend on replacing the trap and sporting clay equipment as soon as possible in early 2015. The grill will also open with great food and some additions. Our plans are to add several venues which will add to the great atmosphere while providing a safe and enjoyable experience for years to come! Please message me with your comments and ideas. Obviously, the name will change and will probably reflect the Goose Pond influence across the street. We will again be Indiana's premier gun club! Thanks, Mark Bartlow

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    It's good to see a forum on the Triple H. Here is an update. My wife and I bought the gun club and grill Wednesday night . We have lots of paperwork to complete and intend on replacing the trap and sporting clay equipment as soon as possible in early 2015. The grill will also open with great food and some additions. Our plans are to add several venues which will add to the great atmosphere while providing a safe and enjoyable experience for years to come! Please message me with your comments and ideas. Obviously, the name will change and will probably reflect the Goose Pond influence across the street. We will again be Indiana's premier gun club! Thanks, Mark Bartlow

Congratulations! And good luck, Mark.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    A tidbit for the Linton Area, FYI: You can join the Linton PD's FOP firing range for $35.00 per year.
    Stop by the Linton PD for an application.
    Email: lintonfop at gmail.com or on facebook.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    But there is still the old fashioned, pre interweb daz, drive by and have a look method. :)
    CR 1100W, Linton, Indiana 47441

Well yeah, but thats like getting a phone line but not attaching a telephone to it. Whats the point of having a multimedia site if there is no media on it? Just dont get one if thats the case.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Dang I was excited when I saw this pop back up I thought maybe Triple H was about to be open for the rest of the summer! And news Mark??

Top Bottom