• Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    Event Information:
    Sunday April 28 2013
    Setup: 8:00 AM
    Shooters Meeting and Safety Briefing: 9:45-10:00 AM
    Stages: ~6-7 COF
    Round Count: 91 is the minimum. We highly recommend bringing extra.
    Match Fee: $20/ $15 to ACC Members; $3 open bolt indicators

Atlanta Conservation Club (ACC) will be holding tactical carbine match this Sunday morning April 28th.

First you must RSVP. This gives us the ability to plan for the total number of shooters for the day. Please send an email to carbine.shooters@yahoo.com indicating if you plan on attending. Second, weather can sometime be an issue, on days that weather is a concern please check INGunOwners - Indiana Gun Owners Community under "shooting sports" for any cancellations. If we cancel the match that is the first place we will post it, after that we will TRY to e-mail everyone if possible.

For a more in depth explanation of the match and what it is about please review this document here:

http://cofexchange.com/tactical-carbine-match-acc.doc

Open bolt indicators are mandatory for this match and will try to have a limited number for sale for $3. However, please bring your own if you have one. We are having a hard time getting some ordered...apperently even OBI's are backordered :dunno:On arrival at match, please leave guns bagged until directed otherwise.

The safety briefing is MANDATORY for all shooters, miss the briefing miss the match!

Classifications:

Carbine/Rifle without optics - AR-15, AK-47, etc
    Carbine/Rifle with optics - AR-15, AK-47
    Pistol caliber carbine - Uzi, MP5, PS90, Beretta Storm etc
    Korean War/WW2 - M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, etc.
    Main Battle Rifle - FAL, SCAR-H, etc

Last edited:

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Just a quick question, what at the distances of the targets? What yards should I zero my scope? I have a x1 and a x1.5 scope. Thanks.

Last edited:

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    Just a quick question, what at the distances of the targets? What yards should I zero my scope? I have a x1 and a x1.5 scope. Thanks.

All the bays at ACC are 25 yards. There is one on the back side of the berm that's quite wide and you could probably shoot diagonally and get close to 35-40 yards distance. Plan for all your shots to be at 25 yards or less and you should be fine.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    All,

We have updated the match information to include a hard-round count (91) now that the COF's have been finalized. We have 6 COF planned across five bays at ACC so as you can guess most of theses are big stages that should be fun to shoot:)

As a reminder: Hopefully we won't get rained out, but if we do we will post it here first and TRY to get an email out by 6:30 AM the day of the match. So if the weather looks iffy please remember to check your computer before leaving.

Also, a big THANK YOU to the folks who have RSVP. It helps immensely for planning purposes!

Thanks,
    The Mike's

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Yip, one week. I finalized my weapon selection today: SCAR 17s with Gemtech HVT. :shoot: I was going to run the ps90 SBR....but the timer can't pick up the shots with the HVT on it.

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    I was bouncing back and forth on using my SCAR 17, but I need AUG practice. I should get a couple of mag changes in that day.
    That, and I used the SCAR at ATL multigun a couple of weeks ago. A .308 at ATL is killing flies with a sledgehammer. Not that that's bad, really.

I would like to see how your SCAR feels with the HVT on it. I want a can for mine, but want to be careful. A few ounces of weight either way, or an inch difference in center of gravity, can make it feel a lot different. It's not like throwing one on a bolt gun that's already 3 lbs heavier and half a foot longer than the SCAR to begin with. So I want to see how different cans make it feel.
    Do you have the threaded or QD HVT?

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Your concerns with weight are well justified. I was surprised by how much the HVT weight when I got it. Not sure if it is the full-size barrel on the 17s, but it is definitely noticeable as soon as I put the can on. Maybe it wouldn’t feel so bad if it was an SBR, but mine feels a like boat anchor with everything on it
    (I use the QD mount btw so i can put it on multiple guns). However, the HVT on the 16s and the PS90 does not feel as bad though. In fact, it really balances out the PS90 on it and silences it to the point that the timer can’t pick it up even with it right next to it.

Also, all but one stage will require mag changes.

Last edited:

Barry in IN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2008
    That's what I was afraid of. I make fun of the guys who hang two-pound, 20" long scopes on a SCAR that weighs eight ounces more than an SP1 AR, then I want to hang a pipe on the muzzle. This always did sound like an ideal place for Ti, but the added expense...

Also, all but one stage will require mag changes.
    Wonderful. So I guess I need to download all my mags to ten? With the 42-rd mags, I'd better get started.

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Got a x4 scope zeroed at 50yrds, so shooting at 25yrds, I'll be aiming a little high right? My 1x RMR is laser bored at 20ft so that won't do.

Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Got a x4 scope zeroed at 50yrds, so shooting at 25yrds, I'll be aiming a little high right? My 1x RMR is laser bored at 20ft so that won't do.

Correct. Your point of impact will be below your cross hairs until your zero (50 yrds). Then your point of impact will be above your cross hairs until another unknown zero. This may be one of Yeager's most informative, well done videos.

[ame]http://youtu.be/n1xJFsYKOpY[/ame]

Last edited:

gopurdue02

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2011
    Just an FYI to all that as of now the match is still a GO for tomorrow. As long as the range is safe and it isn't downpouring/thundering we will run. We plan on getting their at 7 in the morning to asses the situation.

Top Bottom