Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    April 21, 2013 WVPPS
    The first match of the season at WVPPS is coming up on April 21, 2013.
    Set up will begin at 8 am sharp, any and all help is greatly appreciated. Registration will open at 9:15 am and close at 10:40 sharp. There will be a shooters meeting at 10:45 am and first shot will be at 11 am.

Cost is $20 for non-wvpps members and $17 for members. Membership in WVPPS costs $25, and enters you in the point series. All WVPPS members are entered in a drawing for a gun at the November match. You will need to be present to win. Memberships may be purchased at registration in April, May and June.

This match will require 162 rounds to complete. The classifier will be Steeler Standards. There will be six stages of fire.

We will be shooting the Third and Fifth Sundays in August to make up of the March cancellation.

Last edited:

SHCdvldg

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    Waukesha
    I would like to come shoot, I've never shot a USPSA match or any match for that matter before. But this is the closest practical pistol match to me.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Well it looks like I need to add a day to my vacation request in August.
    I'll be there and I'll try to be early.
    Chaney do not forget to flip me off, it's been like six months.

PS I'm Mike

ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    Riley will welcome new shooters, I have only been doing this for about a season and a half. Ask questions when you get there, but the most important rule that I didn't know was that when you come on the property your gun MUST be in its holster, on your belt or range bag unloaded. The gun can ONLY come out at a safe table or at the direction of a range officer. You can mess with all your gear except the firearm. There are many people who will help you.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    Coach do you mean the third and fifth sundays in September?
    I was looking at the calendar to schedule vacation and I can only find 4 in August.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Are there ever competitions or events on Saturday? Sunday mornings I am busy worshipping God

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    Are there ever competitions or events on Saturday? Sunday mornings I am busy worshipping God

There is a Saturday USPSA match the first Saturday at Wildcat Rifle and Pistol Club in Brookston

Many IDPA events are on Saturday. Most Steel challenge events are also held on Saturdays.

Friday Night Steel at Marion County Fish & Game has a match on the 2nd Friday of the Month. During warmer months, they have matches on the 2nd and 4th Friday.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Great info I will definitely make those this year at one point. I really want to get into competitive shooting to improve my skill level.

Top Bottom