• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tommy2Tone

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Good for a first time competitor? Ive been making the threat to shoot a competition for a couple months now.

Great for a first time competitor. There will be 5 stages setup. If any require you to move it will most likely be limited to one of the stages and it will be very limited movement. Most stages will be stand and shot. There will be several steel targets setup and usually one of them is designated as a "stop" plate. That being, you shot it last and your time stops. You get to shoot each stage 5 times and they drop your lowest time.

Round count is usually right around 125. (5 shots per string, 5 strings per stage, 5 stages)
    It is best practice to have enough mags loaded to shoot all 5 strings. New shooters are always welcome and they will work with you.

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    Indeed, "What everybody else said" . . . I think you guys have answered everything.

As Mongo said, I am wondering if the additional rain we get today will affect the range on Saturday. The ground in the area already is saturated.

Anybody live close to the range to take a look Friday afternoon ???

The 2 SCSA stages that are up in rotation are SHOWDOWN and 5 TO GO. The other three will be PLATES (imagine that !!!) and two stages that will be LIMITED TO 5 SHOTS AT THE 5 TARGETS. 4 strings, and all 4 count (just on those two stages...) Different, to be sure, and I hope interesting and challenging.

Saturday itself is supposed to be PERFECT (sunny and 50*) but it all depends on the rain today and tomorrow. Final decision Friday night...

Thanks all !!!

G7.

SteelShooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    WYOMING; SOMEDAY...
    I can still see the tops of the "gunports" (carport sun/rain shades), though. I will post a pitcure I gor from Officer J.T. once I fund a host for it.

Umm, keep yer powder dry . . .

Top Bottom