• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Hey INGO, I have a summer home in Angola... I will be spending a ton of time there this summer and want to know if there are any rifle and handgun ranges out that way? I probably do not want to travel to far out side the area... and I have no clue where to shoot at. Anyone... Help? It will be myself one or two guys max with me (or I may be by myself). We all shoot bench-rest 100-300 and handgun 10-25. Any suggestions here?

Not looking for any competing, just a place to go out, enjoy the weather, and have some fun!

Also, I am not sure if this is the correct place for the thread... mods, if this needs to be moved, please let me know!

Thanks,
    Bobby C

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    There's Angola conservation club on 20 west of town, behind the American Legion. No guests except kids/spouse so you and your buddies would each need memberships. 100 yd rifle and 25 yd pistol bays. Membership cost is very reasonable. I don't know who the POC is any more, but there may be info or a phone# on the gate.

-rvb

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You are 20 minutes away from one of the area's finest rifle and pistol ranges in the small town of Woodruff, Indiana. Young's Longshot Range has rifle and pistol ranges with indoor, outdoor and prone shooting stations. There are backstops and steel plates every 50 yards, all the way out to 1,000 yards. Young's is a private range with annual membership. The first year is $300 and after that it is $200 a year. The range is open 7 days a week. Mon-Sat hours are 10:00 am until dark and on Sundays they are open from noon until dark.

They have a restroom, microwave, refrigerator, gas grille, lead sleds, spotting scopes, shooting mats, cleaning stands and equipment. They provide a John Deere Gator and spray paint for running out to hang paper or paint steel plates.

I have shot at just about every public and private range in the area and this place is my favorite. Deb keeps the fridge stocked with home made cookies and snacks. Wild turkey, deer, rabbits and other small game wander all over the place. Squirrels will join you in the club house on occasion. All the small game is protected. Foolish and suicidal groundhogs will present themselves in front of the backstops, and if they do, you are welcome to dispatch them.

2. Exit the traffic circle onto US-20 W/W Maumee St
    Continue to follow US-20 W 14.7 mi

3. Turn left onto IN-3 S 4.0 mi

4. Turn right onto E 400 S 1.9 mi

5. Turn left onto S 600 E 259 ft

6. Take the 1st right onto E 435 S 1.2 mi

7. Turn left onto S 500 E 344 ft

Woodruff

dantrom

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2013
    Steuben Co.
    There is a conservation range in Mongo also.
    25 yard pistol, 50 and 100 yard rifle. Best part is it's free.

I've been to youngs not shot there but checked it out and it is impressive!

Top Bottom