• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    I just picked up a gen 4 glock 34 and I'm wanting to get some new sights for target shooting. I found some ameriglo model gl-453 sights that are plain rear with fiberrod front. The dimensions are rear .315" height .150" wide, front .220" height .140" wide. I'm wanting to get into maybe some steel competitions or idpa. Can anyone tell me if these would be good for competition or if the heights would work on a 34. Sorry if this sounds ridiculous I'm completely new to competition or changing sights on my handguns I've always used factory sights and the options are endless on different sizes.

Grelber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Dawson precision's website has some site height selection info that might give you a start.
    Target shooting normally favors a front site that almost fills the window in the rear site, for steel or IDPA (fast target acquisition more important than absolute accuracy) most folks will favor a narrow front site. If you haven't done anything yet my favorite option for a G34 is to leave the adjustable rear site as is and contact Dawson Precision for a fiber optic front. Cost will be under 50 shipped (if memory serves) and installation is as quick and easy as it gets.

HHRPG34

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Glock - Sevigny Competition Fiber Optic Mix Sight Sets for Glock Shooting Sports | MLE Shooting Sports Shooting Sports

I just added this set to my G34. The .245" high front is recommended for the G34. I went with the .245" tall front and the .150" wide rear. The point of aim/point of impact is very good at 20-25 yards. I am used to target sights on my 1911, (very little light between sides of front blade to rear notch) so the narrow front with a wide rear will take a little getting used to. So far, I am very happy with the sight set.

The front does not hang out beyond the slide cut-out like another set I looked into.

MLE's service was great as well.

Top Bottom