Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    Marion Co. Fish & Game Assn.
    Thursday Night Trap
    7052 Crawfordsville Rd.
    (Just west of 465 and east of High School Rd.)
    Approximately 5PM until 10PM - Every Thursday Evening

We have two Trap Fields, both equipped with PAT Traps. We throw Singles, Doubles, and Wobble. Both Traps throw singles and doubles, and one trap will also throw wobble. We throw White Flyer targets, currently Orange and White. What we throw is based on the interest of the shooters present, and we make every effort to accommodate everyone. For example, if we have someone who wants to shoot doubles, we will setup for doubles when we get a few interested shooters. But to keep things moving along, especially on busy nights, if we setup for doubles or wobble, we will keep it setup that way until everyone has had their fill, then go back to singles.
    We can shoot handicap back to the 25 yard line.
    We "fun shoot" from "the pad" which is a post positioned between the fields and is (just guessing) a 30+ yard shot from the wings.
    We usually shoot a Piece & Protect Game at least once a night if there is interest. And lately we have been shooting one or more Annie Oakleys.
    If it happens to be raining we will shoot under the awning covered firing line which adds 1 to 3 yards depending on the post and about 1 foot in height which is a challenge in itself.
    The cost is $4.50 per 25 targets. Entry is also $4.50 per person for Piece & Protect.
    We have FREE pitch-in style food and drinks as we know a lot of folks come right after work.
    We also have many friendly shooters who are willing and able to help new shooters of all ages.
    Hope to see you all real soon.
    Mark - Trap Director
    for more info: MCFG - Indy Range Official Website - Shotgun, Pistol, Shooting Range

Last edited:

indyrun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2009
    Plainfield, IN
    I know, I know. I just feel bad since I am unable to bring anything...and I'm not a member...and you provide free instruction!:)

And that's what its all about. Member or not, it matters not. New or experienced, it matters not. It's about shooting, exercising our rights, noise, recoil, food, and lots of good old fashioned gun club BS. Don't feel bad about it, bring a friend to enjoy with you! Best way to convert the anti movement is to take them shooting...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Well, I am now eating dinner there so I am progressing.:) It really is a good group of people. I learn something every time. This time it was about my LOP. Seems my stock is too short.

I was wondering why my thumb thumps me in the nose now and again.:)

Oh, and the good news I found out last night? These guys shoot year 'round!

Top Bottom