• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MickeyBlueEyes

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    BFE, Indiana
    I originally posted about this event some time ago. My issue during the event was that I'm trying to be a good neighbor and give my surrounding neighbors a heads up to the shooting and who's doing it, so my phone isn't off the hook with the queried. Well, Friday, the 7th, plenty of people showed up to give their newest weapons a familiarization fire. A lot of people were showing up to shoot with their womenfolk to give them some trigger time on the guns laying around their houses, to be better defended inside their homes. Saturday morning, I shot a text to my neighbor on the south edge of my property, that it was 9am, the range was going hot and that we weren't shooting at sun up, to give her a moment for a quiet breakfast. I guess I opened the door, but she went all bipolar curmudgeon on me and lambasted me with several rude text messages. Her biggest complaint, was that she had a migraine, and why don't I move my shooting range closer to my house. So, I responded with, the fact that the range is located in a valley, shooting at a down angle of 9 degrees, and has nothing located behind it for over 4 miles in case there is a stray that gets over my 8 foot tall berm. She them got rude about all the shooting to which I replied, that I could not and would not plan these events which I gave her 6 weeks advance notice of, around her "Migranes". She lambasted me with a big one about the fact that I should be more respectful, because I was raised by my grandpa with respect and what would he think about me being so disrespectful, shooting all the time. (This is my second event of 2013) She had the nerve to tell me I shouldn't shoot so much and what would my grandpa think about my disrespect for her senior citizen self. To which I replied that my grandpa taught me not to take any crap off of somebody else that doesn't own the land and doesn't make the rules for my land and want to boss me around. At that point in the conversation, I got tired of it, and called Madison County Sheriff's Department. I told them the situation and that my neighbor was crying about the noise. I asked them if they could come out and inspect the safety of the range to make sure of the safety and direction of the shooting to show that there was no way of possible property damage, just in case they get a bogus call. The deputies showed up, did a meet and greet, inspected the area and filed the inspection for any bogus claims that may get filed. The two deputies read the bipolar texting conversation and agreed getting them involved was the right move. They left, I advised all neighbors that the MCSD had made a safety inspection of the range for the concern of all parties involved, and that the range was going hot again. I got a text from queen bipolar, that since I called the sheriff, that she did too, since I was that way... I'm pretty sure she proved the point I was trying to make about her with the sheriff's department that way. Anyways, the surrounding neighbors all ended up shooting on their property too, with no incident. Most of the neighbors were shooting well into the evening and it was nice to know how many of us are well armed out here in the country side with all the gunfire that was heard from all over the area...

Top Bottom