Ready Tactical holster (for USPSA Production)?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Just wondering if anyone has experience with a Ready Tactical DOH for production use? Even better if anyone using one will be at the IN Section match Friday / Saturday and would let me check it out?

My BladeTech DOH has a nice crack on the belt loop (old style, before the new modular crap). I hate the new "improved" BT DOH adapter... all that modular hipster coolness just adds bulk and more screws to come loose (and my thumb hates it when I smash it in to all that un-necessary material between the belt and the gun). I've been using the old-style DOH adapter from an old holster. It looks like the Ready Tac design is more like the old BT belt mount, so I'm considering just buying a new holster....

thanks,

-rvb

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Since no one else seemed to have experience w these, I thought I'd share...
    I got a new Ready Tactical DOH for my G34 as a Christmas present. My bladetech DOH mount was cracked, and no repair I tried seem to stick.

I haven't done any live fire w. This holster, but I don't think live vs dry will affect my opinions.

The holster is very well made. Some pros:
    - one piece design means very few screws to blackout and come loose; it's also much more rigid than the BT.
    - on a two-layer belt like the CR, it has legal 2" offset from the inside of the inner belt. BT always need heating/bending or shims to make it legal.
    - it fits solidly on the belt, it is the correct width/thickness wo using spacers, it has much less wobble than the BT (especially w. a little extra Velcro added.)
    - the sight channel is tall/wide, and there is no chance of the FS dragging or getting tweaked by the holster. This wasn't a problem w my most recent BT, but was w the one I used for my 92 (often drew to find a plastic shaving clinging to the FS)
    - the retention is awesome, because it's not perfectly molded to the trigger guard, it's more rounded. I can turn the holster upside down and shake it w.o the gun falling out, but I don't have to "snatch" it to draw.
    - belt mount is well rounded and leaves lots of room between the gun and belt, so I haven't jammed my thumb into it yet. The new "modular" nonsense from BT sucks in this area.
    - tension adjustment is toolless

I haven't hit on any real cons yet, other than I may have to put some locktite on the tension adjustment.

This will be my recommendation to folks looking for a production holster from now on, unless some unexpected problem shows up.

-rvb

kqj5.jpg

i5og.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Looks good ... do you think there is anything you can do to minimize the chance of cracking where between the holster body and the loop part?

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Looks good ... do you think there is anything you can do to minimize the chance of cracking where between the holster body and the loop part?

is that a known problem w these? before deciding to give it a try I did a quick search on enos and didn't see any common problems mentioned.

The kydex is 30-100% thicker than the BT model, and the layers at the folds directly overlap (were molded together) vs the BT which has a big gap between layers. The radius is also larger on the RT model. I can tell it is at least considerably stronger than the BT model (the belt portion lasted ~8 yrs on it).

comparison pic:
    wis4.jpg

photo showing the crack in my BT DOH belt mount:
    (tried heating/fusing and gluing, no long-term luck)
    (there is another crack on the opposite side in the same bend area).

g6gz.jpg

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    I don't know anything about that model, but I've cracked, broken, and otherwise maimed a lot of kydex since the mid 1990s! I was just looking at that and it looks like a weak point to me compared to the rest of the holster (not compared to other holsters).

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Might contact Aaron Henry of Henry holsters and see what he can do for you.

Top Bottom