3 gun near Southwestern corner of the state?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else besides owensboro for three gun / multi gun matches near Evansville area? Has anyone heard of Tri-county Fish and Game Club in KY? I was told that they are having a match Sept. 28th or 29th? Does anyone have any info?

Thanks,
    Parker

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That could be a problem as I am NOT big into facebook...

Thanks

Don't be shy on communicating with them and expressing your opinion. They cannot fix something that they don't know is broken.

The fact that two weeks ago you started a thread on INGO in the Shooting Sports forum about 3 gun in Indiana and NO ONE from Indiana Multigun has posted here is an indication of...?

Last edited:

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I'm part of INMG. I read this thread but didn't respond because I had nothing to add. We would like to expand our series to other parts of the state but we are really just a logistical system. We need ranges and match directors and volunteers in the south that want to run multigun at their range. INMG doesn't own any targets, props etc.

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    FB is not mandatory, just a place for discussions. All of our match announcements go out via our Google mailing list. But I don't want to derail your thread.

There is a INMG match at wildcat valley Sunday, Midwestern part of the state. Maybe you can come up?

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    That is still a bit of a drive for a college guy. But as of spring I was hoping to make it to a few INMG matches. I am currently recieving emails from you folks already. As I mentioned above I thought that from what I have seen you all seem to be well organized. The only thing so far that I do not like is that you do not post up the stages ahead of time. But that is minor. And it is kind of fun to figure out how you are going to run a stage with little prep. After I get out of school in the spring I have some friends at redbrush that we were wanting to see a three gun match at Redbrush Rifle Range. So I might see about getting that going this next summer.

Do you know if any other clubs like our IDPA club owns lots of props, targets, ect. ever double up and put on three gun matches as well? Trying to think of how I would get this started without stage props and targets...

Parker

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Posting our stages ahead of time is almost impossible, we have some well planned stages and some that are spur of the moment. We always adhere to a strict max round count so you know how much to expect.

I don't know how the relationships between individual clubs at your range but I would think something could be worked out among you guys for the sharing of stuff. Hopefully they are willing and it can grow your range coffers and possibly your membership numbers.

Good luck with school. (Get those friends together and car pool)

parkerj112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.8%
    30   1   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Membership does not need any help! LOL We are capped for members at ~ 950 with a waiting list that has been standing for at least a year if not two. Car pool... Hmmm I might be able to get the wife to agree to that. Suggestions for ammo? : )

Parker

mertbl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    150 Rifle and pistol, 100 shot, 10 slugs. Match round count should only be about 75/75/75/5. So you should take plenty home.

NO STEEL CORE or SHOT. If there is any doubt, don't bring it.

Top Bottom